User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Thread: Healthcare

Another factor many aren't considering is rescission. Most are too young here to experience it (as it happens to seniors far more), so if you don't know what it is - it's the practice by Insurance company to use loopholes to get out of giving you care when you actually need and it's very expensive for them. They have hordes of ivy league educated minions that look for loopholes to get out of paying for your treatment and dump you altogether. There are numerous well documented cases on this.

They use any dirty tactic out there, like claiming you had a pre-existing condition (or saying you misrepresented your self) and therefore are no longer entitled to benefits at the exact time you need it the most. When you're condition is so severe and expensive they dump you or your entire company (depending on the # of employees and clout they have). They've been busted repeatedly by insiders and former execs, along with others.

Here are some douchebag executives being interviewed by Congress. They blatantly admit their widespread use of it. YouTube - Rep. Stupak Questions Witnesses On Rescission Triggers

They don't bother finding any pre-existing conditions until you actually need serious help, so they couldn't possibly know you had these "pre-existing" conditions to begin with (because they NEVER screened you in the first place). Get it? Gotta hand it to them, these guys are clever.

At the end of the video, they even ADMIT they will not stop doing these practices even if they KNEW there was no intentional misrepresentation or fraud.

The funny thing is that the wealthy and the educated are the ones, who already have access to good health care, are the ones giving support to nationalizing it. Places like NYC, LA, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, tend to be left and support it, while the people who would benefit the most - (poorer places like Georgia, Arkansas, the other red states, etc.) tend to be the ones against it.

They're too stupid to realize their being helped. Instead, they're duped into believing the opposite (by the minority republicans whom are wealthy - that actually control the party).

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

You're a CONSPIRACY THEORIST. End story.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    Another factor many aren't considering is rescission. Most are too young here to experience it (as it happens to seniors far more), so if you don't know what it is - it's the practice by Insurance company to use loopholes to get out of giving you care when you actually need and it's very expensive for them. They have hordes of ivy league educated minions that look for loopholes to get out of paying for your treatment and dump you altogether. There are numerous well documented cases on this.

They use any dirty tactic out there, like claiming you had a pre-existing condition (or saying you misrepresented your self) and therefore are no longer entitled to benefits at the exact time you need it the most. When you're condition is so severe and expensive they dump you or your entire company (depending on the # of employees and clout they have). They've been busted repeatedly by insiders and former execs, along with others.

Here are some douchebag executives being interviewed by Congress. They blatantly admit their widespread use of it. YouTube - Rep. Stupak Questions Witnesses On Rescission Triggers

They don't bother finding any pre-existing conditions until you actually need serious help, so they couldn't possibly know you had these "pre-existing" conditions to begin with (because they NEVER screened you in the first place). Get it? Gotta hand it to them, these guys are clever.

At the end of the video, they even ADMIT they will not stop doing these practices even if they KNEW there was no intentional misrepresentation or fraud.

The funny thing is that the wealthy and the educated are the ones, who already have access to good health care, are the ones giving support to nationalizing it. Places like NYC, LA, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, tend to be left and support it, while the people who would benefit the most - (poorer places like Georgia, Arkansas, the other red states, etc.) tend to be the ones against it.

They're too stupid to realize their being helped. Instead, they're duped into believing the opposite (by the minority republicans whom are wealthy - that actually control the party).
    I love this post. Worth repeating, imo, seeing as how I'm becoming one of the older people who've come close to having to deal with this and now having no insurance because hubby got laid off from his job. Everything even a teensy bit wrong with us is going to get us so totally screwed in the future even if hubby manages to find another job. Not so easy for anyone right now, even harder for a man in his late 50s that's had a quad by- pass.

God bless us every one. I mean that, I really do. It's getting (already) scary out there, folks.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ESFJ

First of all, you're wrong. I actually know some Tea Party organizers who are now protesting government health care with no monetary support from anyone. Second of all, who cares which groups fund protests? This is America. Everyone has a right to protest things they don't like. Is it "astroturfing" when beverage companies and their business associations start a group that sends e-mails encouraging me to write my representative and senators to vote against higher taxes on alcohol? I am glad that they do. Do you honestly think that the left doesn't do the exact same thing? That's ridiculous. FreedomWorks is right-wing copy of MoveOn, for Christ's sake.

Speaking of FreedomWorks and Citizens for a Sound Economy, I am not the biggest fan of their directors (Dick Armey isn't exactly Johnny Freemarket, and he's a homophobe, to boot), but I do support a good deal of The Freedom Agenda. Some of their corporate donors are awful, though. Archer Daniels Midland = biggest welfare recipient in America.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    First of all, you're wrong. I actually know some Tea Party organizers who are now protesting government health care with no monetary support from anyone. Second of all, who cares which groups fund protests? This is America. Everyone has a right to protest things they don't like. Is it "astroturfing" when beverage companies and their business associations start a group that sends e-mails encouraging me to write my representative and senators to vote against higher taxes on alcohol? I am glad that they do. Do you honestly think that the left doesn't do the exact same thing? That's ridiculous. FreedomWorks is right-wing copy of MoveOn, for Christ's sake.

Speaking of FreedomWorks and Citizens for a Sound Economy, I am not the biggest fan of their directors (Dick Armey isn't exactly Johnny Freemarket, and he's a homophobe, to boot), but I do support a good deal of The Freedom Agenda. Some of their corporate donors are awful, though. Archer Daniels Midland = biggest welfare recipient in America.
    When it's to specifically support a political party's agenda (as opposed to an interest group's agenda), then yes, it is astroturfing. And don't give me that MoveOn business - there's a difference between "grassroots" and "bought and paid for by major GOP operatives". Why be obtuse?

Congratulations on your tea party friends. I believe Lenin had a term for those sorts of people - useful idiots, I think it was?

MBTI
    ESFJ

[QUOTE=onemoretime;772296]When it's to specifically support a political party's agenda (as opposed to an interest group's agenda), then yes, it is astroturfing. And don't give me that MoveOn business - there's a difference between "grassroots" and "bought and paid for by major GOP operatives". Why be obtuse?[QUOTE]

You're still wrong. There are clearly people protesting Obamacare who are not in favor of any GOP alternative. You're talking out of your ass. MoveOn doesn't get money from the wealthy? You just don't want to fathom that there are intelligent people who disagree with you vehemently.

Congratulations on your tea party friends. I believe Lenin had a term for those sorts of people - useful idiots, I think it was?
    This type of language makes you sound like a very unhappy person.

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    There are plenty of people out there protesting on their own with no connection to any moneyed interest group. The fact that members of Congress called their own constituents "thugs" is shameful. I suppose people protesting the War in Iraq at Bush's ranch in Texas were "thugs," too? A lot of those protesters were organized by lobbying groups. That doesn't matter AT ALL. You're showing an atrocious bias in your characterization.
    Many of the "protestors" are bussed in for such events and aren't constituents of that district and are specifically instructed on how to disrupt what is meant to be a DISCUSSION, an actual conversation about health care. I highly doubt you read any of the suggested links provided...at least I read the articles you forwarded to me. I am sure some of the people present have concerns they would like to be addressed; not all are corporate pawns.

Also, I take offense to calling these people "protestors" because they are puppets of corporate lobbying firms, that is NOT a grassroots movement, that is a farce. I was involved in protesting at Bush's ranch and there were NO lobbying groups there, we paid collectively (there's that word) in order to eat and set up camp. So give me some proof of that allegation.

I won't even address the "atrocious bias" comment...not worth my energy.
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by statuesquechica View Post
    Many of the "protestors" are bussed in for such events and aren't constituents of that district and are specifically instructed on how to disrupt what is meant to be a DISCUSSION, an actual conversation about health care. I highly doubt you read any of the suggested links provided...at least I read the articles you forwarded to me. I am sure some of the people present have concerns they would like to be addressed; not all are corporate pawns.
    Actually, I did read some of those articles. Bus tour is fine. Packing a town hall meeting is fine, too. It's not as if they're flying in Hessian mercenaries here. The whole point of a town hall is to let people voice concerns. If a bunch of really concerned people show up, what is the issue? Also, the insurance company executives are dumber than I thought. Not charging people differently by gender or health status? That sounds retarded. Would a car insurance company agree not to charge more for someone with a DUI and multiple accidents on their record? Yeesh.

Also, I take offense to calling these people "protestors" because they are puppets of corporate lobbying firms, that is NOT a grassroots movement, that is a farce. I was involved in protesting at Bush's ranch and there were NO lobbying groups there, we paid collectively (there's that word) in order to eat and set up camp. So give me some proof of that allegation.

I won't even address the "atrocious bias" comment...not worth my energy.
    As I've said before, I don't care if a group is grassroots or not. I was making a point. You don't consider policy advocacy groups to be lobbying? The Supreme Court splits hairs on this, but I would put MoveOn, FreedomWorks, and all organizations like that in the lobbying/interest group category.

Government run health care is a horrible idea. Why anyone would want the incompetence that is our government invading their body is beyond me.

I have dealt with gov. health care through the military for many years. Do want Walter Reed to become the standard for US hospitals? Do not be deluded into thinking that a gov. system of health care would be better for you than it is for us. I know many, many horror stories and there is no recourse for fed. malpractice. When fed gov has a monopoly on health care there will be no recourse for you either, except to contact your congressman.

Finally, the rich and powerful will continue to have better health care than the plebs because they will leave the country for their health care.