First 18262728293038 Last

Thread: Healthcare

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    That is poor logic. It is an emotional response.
    Wet square of tissue paper.

And fyi, the logical argument died quite a while ago, by design and natural evolution. The key is, how will you turn that to your advantage? Can you think that far ahead?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    These are the mature, intelligent things that NTs say when they've been called on their own bullshit.

I WINZ!!!

MBTI
    ENFJ

1. would adding a public option bring competition to the insurance market by offering an alternative to private health insurance

2. would people who do not have health insurance available otherwise be forced to buy this public health care

3. would people not using public health care have to pay into it whether they use it or not in addition to their private health insurance

4. would companies find advantage by no longer paying for private insurance for their employees and just giving them a public option run private insurance out of business

5. will lowering cost of health care in this country slow down medical advances
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    These are the mature, intelligent things that NTs say when they've been called on their own bullshit.

I WINZ!!!
    ENFP completely misses the golden nugget of info that only a T is likely to catch... predictable and predicted. Anyway, I'm bored with this game now.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post

And fyi, the logical argument died quite a while ago, by design and natural evolution. The key is, how will you turn that to your advantage? Can you think that far ahead?
    I think further ahead than most libertarians. I actually think of how their theories will practically apply to real life and real people. And how they laughably do not, not only for the "others" they so arrogantly disdain, but even how those ridiculous notions in practice will eventually boomarang back upon them and their own families.

So yeah, I'm good.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    i may not win a debate but i'm usually pretty good at taking data, even when i do not follow politics daily, and running it through my intuition Ni/Ne, comparing it to what i know already, and getting a pretty realistic pic of how things are, or will be.
    That is arguable, but OK.

so you get lots of insurance companies involved. how will that really help anything? they are in business. they want to make money. they will just play the game too. and the consumers will lose. no one is naturally going to bat for the consumer having affordable health care because there is no money in it.
    Consumers WIN when there is lots of competition. That's the point of having competition. If it were better to have less competition, we'd have one computer company, one clothing company, one restaurant chain, etc.

tsk. tsk. did you not read that nice article iwakar linked in this very thread about that whistleblower? you might find it enlightening regarding this and ceo's.
    Explain to me how one person making a ton of money means that someone else makes less. That is the point I am making. If someone engages in illegal and fraudulent business practices, they should be punished (like the Bernies or Ken Lay).

last i saw, our economy isn't working that great.
    Come on. You MUST know the basics of how markets work. You're pulling my leg here.

don't you remember the stories about homesteaders? they basically weren't educated until towns (not philanthropists) made schools. i don't feel like looking for links, but i'm sure some education major/historian can probably show a direct correlation between government schools and public education. no, they are far from ideal, but maybe if we started paying teachers a decent salary, stopped over-crowding their schoolrooms, and expecting them to deal with our bratty kids, education would be a lot better.
    Then how do you explain that American universities, which are often private and always have the least governmental control, are the best in the world and primary education, which is funded by the government, dominated by unions, and rigidly regulated in curricula are mediocre by rich nation standards? I don't know what you mean by homesteaders being educated. You mean those who moved in the Midwest and beyond in the 1800s? Most of those people had children who helped worked the farms all the time. With the rise of industrialization, people moved off the farms and went to bigger cities and towns where their children would not have to work farms all year long, and they began to go to school. That was an economic development.

most everyone i know likes their library options. it seems pretty lively when i go in. i agree, more money for more books would make it a lot better.
    What?

sick people can't be businessmen or women.
    What?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

What I'm getting from this thread is that america should privatize its fire and police services. I can see it now, three different police squadrons assigned to a city competing to see who can capture the most criminals.

It would be like Gangs of New York, but even cooler.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    YaYa

I just want medicare to pay for a penis enlargement when I'm 65.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    What I'm getting from this thread is that america should privatize its fire and police services. I can see it now, three different police squadrons assigned to a city competing to see who can capture the most criminals.

It would be like Gangs of New York, but even cooler.

Way to add nothing to the discussion there, Schnitz.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Way to add nothing to the discussion there, Schnitz.
    You're very welcome.

Would you like a fiber bar instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz