User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

Thread: Healthcare

For those that think the heath care system is just fine the way it is. Are you saying the problem doesn't exist? or is it merely the specific plan proposed by Obama now? Do you even fathom there is a problem at all? The right hasn't even proposed a solution.

It will devastate our economy when the baby boomers hit their old age; and it makes our industries less competitive right now; the health care for returning vets alone will put us in trillions more debt.

Most industrialized nations have better systems than us, and this isn't disputed by anyone with a brain. Do you even doubt the data I posted from newscientist showing comparative systems? or do you simply plug your hands over your ears?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    For those that think the heath care system is just fine the way it is. Are you saying the problem doesn't exist? or is it merely the specific plan proposed by Obama now? Do you even fathom there is a problem at all? The right hasn't even proposed a solution.

It will devastate our economy when the baby boomers hit their old age; and it makes our industries less competitive right now; the health care for returning vets alone will put us in trillions more debt.

Most industrialized nations have better systems than us, and this isn't disputed by anyone with a brain. Do you even doubt the data I posted from newscientist showing comparative systems? or do you simply plug your hands over your ears?

The system isn't fine the way it is now. There is far too much government involvement already. And the GOP has offered numerous plans to reform health care, although I doubt any of them would help much.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    The system isn't fine the way it is now. There is far too much government involvement already. And the GOP has offered numerous plans to reform health care, although I doubt any of them would help much.
    Not enough involvement? Drug companies are posting record profits, the price of drugs are outrageously disproportionate to what they cost to create. Not to mention insurance, which is also grossly unregulated, where people have to get fucking lawyers and do battle in almost every situation involving high-dollar health care. Oh and don't try to tell us health insurance companies aren't posting record huge profits every year either.

It's easy to see that with the current ridiculous, out of control costs of health care in America that yes, if we attempt to socialize health care it would be incredibly expensive simply because the system is so hopelessly flawed.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    Not enough involvement? Drug companies are posting record profits, the price of drugs are outrageously disproportionate to what they cost to create. Not to mention insurance, which is also grossly unregulated, where people have to get fucking lawyers and do battle in almost every situation involving high-dollar health care. Oh and don't try to tell us health insurance companies aren't posting record huge profits every year either.

It's easy to see that with the current ridiculous, out of control costs of health care in America that yes, if we attempt to socialize health care it would be incredibly expensive simply because the system is so hopelessly flawed.

It's easy to post really high profits when you have a majorly regulated industry with high barriers of entry. Stock brokers and advisers love industries with less competition, because they have higher profits.

MBTI
    YaYa

Health care stocks are doing fine which signals that Obama is losing.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    Health care stocks are doing fine which signals that Obama is losing.

Obama should have heeded the lesson of the previous Democratic POTUS who tried to push through health care reform.

MBTI
    ENTP

is fda regulation considered too involved?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    is fda regulation considered too involved?

I wouldn't get rid of the FDA outright, but I would make it easier and cheaper to get a new drug approved. Between the trial and approval process and losing the patent to the drug in ten years (on average), it certainly pushes prices for breakthrough medications through the roof until the generics come out.

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

What plans have been offered by the GOP? I haven't heard of any ideas coming from them other than break whatever ideas are proposed by Obama so they can gain more seats in the midterm election.

And I am still waiting to see some analysis that shows free market is the answer to the reform issue. How is further deregulation of the insurance industry going to help people afford health care?
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by statuesquechica View Post
    What plans have been offered by the GOP? I haven't heard of any ideas coming from them other than break whatever ideas are proposed by Obama so they can gain more seats in the midterm election.

And I am still waiting to see some analysis that shows free market is the answer to the reform issue. How is further deregulation of the insurance industry going to help people afford health care?

GOP Has a Plan for Health Care Reform Too! | THE D.C. WRITEUP

House Republicans Offer Health Care Plan - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

That took five seconds to find.