User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    There is no such thing as African American in the "usual" sense. You have a drop of black blood and you are black in this country. I doubt most of us have been to Africa.

He lived on University property in a University town, he is well known by academics - which is the whole damn town.

If Obama doesn't say anything, he looks like a traitor to Gates, who like I said, has been instrumental in Obama's progress.
    You know what I mean. His ancestors were not slaves in America. He was raised by a white woman in Hawaii. If Obama doesn't say anything he looks like an Uncle Tom instead of supporting a black activist friend who has mindshare in the black community. That's the point though. Obama is not trying to find the facts. He's just being political, which is a disgusting property in a leader.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    He's just being political, which is a disgusting property in a leader.
    Thus... all politicians are disgusting. Go figure...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Thus... all politicians are disgusting. Go figure...
    Political mindedness without respect for the truth is disgusting.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    So either you believe the police reports account of what happened or Gates' statement.

I've been involved several times with the lying quagmires that are police reports, but it's the "official" record of what goes down so I guess people believe it, because you know the police don't lie about the version of events.

And having been in Boston/Cambridge myself for an extended period of time as well, that's the most racist city north of Richmond, VA. I felt less comfortable there than in Birmingham, AL.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Political mindedness without respect for the truth is disgusting.
    Was Obama disrespecting truth?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

You know what I mean. His ancestors were not slaves in America. He was raised by a white woman in Hawaii. If Obama doesn't say anything he looks like an Uncle Tom instead of supporting a black activist friend who has mindshare in the black community. That's the point though. Obama is not trying to find the facts. He's just being political, which is a disgusting property in a leader.
    Yeah, amazing that a politician (not to mention one that is the de facto leader of the black community) has to act in the interests of two of the major groups (Gates and black Americans) that got him to where he was.

You dance with the one that brung ya'.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    So either you believe the police reports account of what happened or Gates' statement.
    You're right in the sense that people choose what to believe.

Some people still think OJ Simpson is innocent.

It's likely that if you identify with Professor Gates, you will believe his version. If you don't, you will believe the other version. The truth is always a bit more complicated. This is why I look forward to the day when everyone records a record of every experience they have during the day. Then all we need to do is watch the video if something happens.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post

And having been in Boston/Cambridge myself for an extended period of time as well, that's the most racist city north of Richmond, VA. I felt less comfortable there than in Birmingham, AL.
    thank you.

Either way, race or not, dragging an older, distinguished Harvard professor out of his own home, after checking his credentials, is absurd and shameful.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Yeah, amazing that a politician (not to mention one that is the de facto leader of the black community) has to act in the interests of two of the major groups (Gates and black Americans) that got him to where he was.

You dance with the one that brung ya'.
    He's supposed to do what is right.

Enneagram
    1w2

You're right in the sense that people choose what to believe.

Some people still think OJ Simpson is innocent.

It's likely that if you identify with Professor Gates, you will believe his version. If you don't, you will believe the other version. The truth is always a bit more complicated. This is why I look forward to the day when everyone records a record of every experience they have during the day. Then all we need to do is watch the video if something happens.
    I hope that camera's got a panoramic lens on it.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3