User Tag List

First 123

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Is Holder incredibly qualified for the science and technology post? Yes.
    Is his past views he had on overpopulation in the 60s and 70s going to somehow become Obama policy? No.
    His previous professional views still matter and the real question here is why didn't they investigate his past better before bringining him on board?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    His previous professional views still matter and the real question here is why didn't they investigate his past better before bringining him on board?
    Because most people in this society, in this day and age, have forgotten that CHARACTER ACTUALLY MATTERS in your leaders. Your views and your past determine your character. Your character determines what decisions you'll make and how you'll use your power. However, people don't demand anything in the character department from their leaders anymore, and ignore it until something completely scandalous *surprisingly (rolls eyes)* happens with them. And then they further wonder why they can't trust any of the politicians they elect. The profundity in the level of stupidity in this country, at times, blows my mind.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I'm sure they knew about his past controversial remarks, but still wanted the most qualified person for the job.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Nice to see that some people have opinions, good for you.
    I don't really have a political orientation. But unlike some, I do not take offense for you guys calling me a nazi, fascist or whatever. I know i'm not a nazi, at least. They killed people for other reasons. Reasons which I think were ridiculous.

I'm a little unsure about the fascist part, though... But i'm not right-wing. Neither am I a communist.
    I'm more about doing what needs to be done. Call it a twisted world view or whatever you want, insult me all you can, slander me in public and burn me on a cross, I don't care what you think as long as you cannot convince me to think otherwise with a thing called good arguments.
    I don't think you are a nazi, but you sound like one, as I stated. I'm glad you can take it, since you invited it.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I'm sure they knew about his past controversial remarks, but still wanted the most qualified person for the job.

Wouldn't being completely wrong about very important scientific issues be a major strike against someone qualifications? We'd criticize a science czar who was a proponent of Intelligent Design.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"