User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Victor, why is letting go so difficult?

Is your mind in turmoil.

Have you considered meditation.

Maybe you should start the practice of Qi Gong.

This is the most basic exercise.

Lifting the Sky.

YouTube - Active Qigong - Holding Up the Sky with Two Hands

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by _Violence_ View Post
    Victor, why is letting go so difficult?

Is your mind in turmoil.

Have you considered meditation.

Maybe you should start the practice of Qi Gong.

This is the most basic exercise.

Lifting the Sky.

YouTube - Active Qigong - Holding Up the Sky with Two Hands

Merry Christmas
    What next? - You'll be offering to pray for me.

How can I offer something?

Your mind was made up before we even met.

????

You have fate with many.

But destiny with none, it seems.

Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Who is the World's Greatest Mass Murderer?
    Awesome!

Why didn't I know this thread existed?
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Mao retarded China's development for decades; it was Deng Xiaoping who mixed tyranny with national development. If Mao and the Communist hadn't won the civil war, then the rest of Chinese civilization might have developed more along the lines of Taiwan, and would probably have long since become the largest overall national economy (and possibly even a free country).
    I disagree. Without Mao, china would still be a fragmented federation of states, and possibly the japanese would still control china.

Chiang hasn't proved himself capable of uniting the nation, so i am guessing the country would have split into several states. Or worst, China might split into North and South like Korea.

Mao made china strong.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    I disagree. Without Mao, china would still be a fragmented federation of states, and possibly the japanese would still control china.

Chiang hasn't proved himself capable of uniting the nation, so i am guessing the country would have split into several states. Or worst, China might split into North and South like Korea.

Mao made china strong.
    Do you really think the whole "surrender unconditionally or we'll atomically bomb you into oblivion" thing would not have included a demand that Japan withdraw from China?

And so long as we're "guessing," I think I'll just guess that without Mao, Chiang would have either gotten his act together (like he did in Taiwan, whose level of wealth and power is proportionally much larger than the mainland's) or else would have been supplanted by someone (besides Mao) who would have been able to do the same without postponing national development for decades in favor of developmentally unproductive brain-washing efforts sustained through massive atrocities.

Mao most likely made China weaker than it had to be for decades.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by _Violence_ View Post
    We are as "free" as the Western world thinks they are "free."
    :rolli:

Tell that to the Falun Gong members....and countless others like them.

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Do you really think the whole "surrender unconditionally or we'll atomically bomb you into oblivion" thing would not have included a demand that Japan withdraw from China?

And so long as we're "guessing," I think I'll just guess that without Mao, Chiang would have either gotten his act together (like he did in Taiwan, whose level of wealth and power is proportionally much larger than the mainland's) or else would have been supplanted by someone (besides Mao) who would have been able to do the same without postponing national development for decades in favor of developmentally unproductive brain-washing efforts sustained through massive atrocities.

Mao most likely made China weaker than it had to be for decades.
    Dude, have you gone to taiwan? its almost like a third world country, much worse looking than korea and Japan.

Chiang is an idiot. Because he relies on brute force and solving political problems with the army. His government was very corrupt and inefficient.
    He allied with the bourgeise and the landlords and warlords to oppress the peasants, who made up the majority of the population. And the warlords were prepared to backstab him if it wasn't for Japan.

I doubt he had the power to destroy the communists even if Mao wasn't alive. Even if china remained united, it would still be a weak federation of states.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Dude, have you gone to taiwan? its almost like a third world country, much worse looking than korea and Japan.

Chiang is an idiot. Because he relies on brute force and solving political problems with the army. His government was very corrupt and inefficient.
    He allied with the bourgeise and the landlords and warlords to oppress the peasants, who made up the majority of the population. And the warlords were prepared to backstab him if it wasn't for Japan.

I doubt he had the power to destroy the communists even if Mao wasn't alive. Even if china remained united, it would still be a weak federation of states.

I'm not comparing Taiwan to Korea (which Taiwan is only slightly behind according to objective measurements) or Japan, I'm comparing it to the relative shit-hole that is most of mainland China. And despite all of his faults (which were considerable, but nowhere close to the level of Mao), Chiang's regime in Taiwan produced greater results with far fewer atrocities compared to mainland China.
    Last edited by lowtech redneck; 12-25-2009 at 07:00 AM. Reason: clarification

OK, lets take an analysis.

Lets say Mao did not exist.

Chiang and Americans fight Japanese.
    Communists still exist because Chiang is distracted and exhausted by fighting the japanese, whos military power is very strong. So chiang can't kill off the communists.
    Japan loses the war against china and america.
    Chiang lost much of his strength fighting the Japanese, rely on american help to rebuild his power base.
    Chiang's government is not strong enough to destroy the communists. The communists are not strong enough to destroy Chiang.
    China becomes a battleground for the cold war rather than Korea.
    But Soviets might invade Chiang's China to help the chinese communists that are fighting there.
    Americans help Chiang.
    China splits into two. North and south.

Hence Mao's existence would have prevented that from happening.