MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default Couple who adopted 12 children slain. [So sad :( ]

Couple who adopted 12 children slain

CNN--

Decrease font Decrease font
    Enlarge font Enlarge font

(CNN) -- Eight children were found in the Florida home of their slain parents, who apparently were the victims of a home invasion, police confirmed to CNN Friday.
    Byrd and Melanie Billings gather with their children.

Byrd and Melanie Billings gather with their children.

The couple was found shot Thursday night in their Beulah home, said Escambia County Police spokesman Sgt. Ted Roy. One of the parents was shot in the head, he said. Beulah is about 17 miles northwest of Pensacola.

The victims were identified as Byrd and Melanie Billings by Jeff Martin, director of the District Medical Examiner's Office. Autopsies have not been completed, he said.

The Billings have 16 children; 12 of them adopted, some of whom have special needs, the Pensacola News Journal reported.

Nancy Markham, a relative of the family, told CNN affiliate WEAR-TV that her son was inside the Billings' home when the shootings occurred.

"He said that Bud and Melanie had, both of them had been murdered," Markham said.

Emergency personnel and police went to the home Thursday night after receiving a call just before 8 p.m. about shots being fired, Roy said. An employee of the couple found their bodies, he said.

When police arrived they discovered the children also in the house, he said. The children, who ranged in age from infant to about 11 years old, were unharmed, he said.

Authorities are looking for three males in a red van in connection with the slayings, Roy said.
    Couple who adopted 12 children slain - CNN.com

The world is a sick, sick place.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Why does this crap always happen in Florida?

Can't we just break Florida off and give them one big push into the Atlantic?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I'm actually in Florida right now, so we might need to wait until I get back into the real United States.

We should take an overall consensus and vote Florida off the island!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Oh, and last week, a 2 year old was killing by a pet Python. Not pretty.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Florida's the only thing keeping Georgia attached to the mainland! Don't you know anything? (old, old, old, Florida joke). Let's boot Texas instead.

As to the op, yeah, very very sick. I don't understand this at all. What will happen to all of the babies now.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Florida is full of old people and psychopaths.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    The world is a sick, sick place.
    Not the WHOLE world. Most people are extremely disgusted that this happened.

The people who did it are sick. The rest of us are fairly good.

Also, you can't really blame the world itself for this. You might be able to say that if a volcanic eruption or a hurricane occurred, but this was purely a sick person's will being imposed on a part of the world.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I keep telling y'all, florida thugs be trippin! they don't care who they kill. it's like a fucking inverse lottery out here, son!

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Couples get killed all the time, why is this so much worse then all the other times?

Don't really see why the media has to bring their kids into it. Are they trying to guilt trip the murderer?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Wow, I was thinking the same thing, fluff. It's sad for sure, but it's always sad. I hate sensationalism. I also hate (love) sharing a brain with you, fluff!