User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

This is pretty awful, but would it be less awful if they had 12 children the old-fashioned way? Would it be only half as awful if they only had 6 adopted children?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Couples get killed all the time, why is this so much worse then all the other times?

Don't really see why the media has to bring their kids into it. Are they trying to guilt trip the murderer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Would it be only half as awful if they only had 6 adopted children?
    This IS more awful than those examples, because twelve children have been deprived of their parents, and for the second time in their lives.

I agree that its just a self-contained human interests story without wide-ranging importance, but its not a double-standard "pretty white girl dies" story.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Fair enough, I just have a bristly reaction to "and this murder was EXTRA bad because they were really nice people!"
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    FIVE

I'm going to take a different angle. I think that this murder will be extra hard because children who are adopted have often been abused or seen horrific things. These children have now been traumatized a second time (nothing like seeing your parents murdered) and since there are so many children it is unlikely that they will be placed together. They lost their parents and probably their siblings. I think the national media attention might improve their odds of being placed with a family with the financial means to care for so many children who will need so much extra attention to get over this new trauma. The parents are dead, whatever your beliefs they aren't the ones to worry about. If you can afford 12 children (especially adopted since they don't check your bank records when you give birth) then you probably had a nice lifestyle going on. These kids are going to be tossed from a nice Floridian (most likely) upper-middle class neighborhood into ???

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by chasingAJ View Post
    I'm going to take a different angle. I think that this murder will be extra hard because children who are adopted have often been abused or seen horrific things. These children have now been traumatized a second time (nothing like seeing your parents murdered) and since there are so many children it is unlikely that they will be placed together. They lost their parents and probably their siblings. I think the national media attention might improve their odds of being placed with a family with the financial means to care for so many children who will need so much extra attention to get over this new trauma. The parents are dead, whatever your beliefs they aren't the ones to worry about. If you can afford 12 children (especially adopted since they don't check your bank records when you give birth) then you probably had a nice lifestyle going on. These kids are going to be tossed from a nice Floridian (most likely) upper-middle class neighborhood into ???

Heck yeah. +100

Are there any possible motives at the moment as to why someone would shoot a couple, who from the outside seem like they shouldn't have any enemies out there ready to shoot them down?
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    FIVE

I'm going out on a limb here, since I don't know anything about the case. But from a sociological/social psychology perspective (criminology is sociology+psychology+law btw)...
    Inequality is the greatest predictor of crime in any society. Statistically, the actual wealth that any section of society has is not relevant, only the difference between the top and bottom in the area. Inequality isn't just money either, it could be inequality of status or power or whatever.

I don't see robbery here. No one is going to get close enough to an unknown that they are robbing to shoot them in the head. It would take the steady hand of a sniper to shoot someone in the head if they were hysterical. They'd have to be tied up or otherwise incapacitated. If the robbers were willing to take that much time, they'd be thorough enough to know that they had kids on the property. Likewise, if this were just about the stuff... I can't see one parent being shot and the other still resisting (knowing they had a dozen kiddos who they needed to protect). This was personal. I say that the people involved where probably ex-employees. They had probably grown attached to the children (even slightly... the way a gardener might get a glass of lemonade from a kiddo) and they knew that the children were innocent while the parents were not. Could be related to/spun as racial tension but I'm willing to bet that it's a personal situation. The full truth of which died when these people did.

If I had to guess, something went awry in a business talk or personal visit and one of them was shot in the head (probably him but to be extra cruel could have been her to prove a point or get something from him). The other resisted and was killed. The people realized what the hell just happened and grabbed some stuff and left. There's my $.02