User Tag List

123 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Default Sarah Palin resigning

Rumor is that she's done with politics, and this isn't so she can prepare for a 2012 run. Resigning like this would probably be political suicide if she were to run in the future. It's really a bizarre move, unless a giant scandal concerning her was about to break out, or maybe the past blunders have just been too much.

Sarah Palin Resigning as Alaska's Governor

After Sarah Palin's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week she has announced she will be stepping down in a few weeks. In a press conference call this morning, Alaska's Governor Sarah Palin has announced she will not run for re-election and is stepping down as governor.

She had a brief statement. She took no questions.

Her commissioners and Lt. Governor were with her at her home. Palin did not relinquish the reigns of the state to the Lt. Governor while running for vice president.

Lt. Governor Sean Parnell will step in as governor at the end of the month. He was defeated by Congressman Don Young in the Republican primary last year.

Rumors of an "iceberg scandal" have been circulating.

Resignation is certainly out of character for Sarah Palin. Senator Mark Begich had a meeting with Sarah Palin two days ago with no mention of her leaving office. Palin's press secretary, David Murrow had posted on his Facebook page Wednesday, "David Murrow is considering life's ironies." He was hired less than a month ago. Yesterday he wrote, "There's gonna be some fireworks this weekend!"

Palin's father, Chuck Heath, told Fox News that he thought her resignation was due to the negativity from the media. According to Heath, the governor was unable to be effective while she was constantly having to defend herself against ethics complaints and the media.

You betcha!
    Sarah Palin Resigning as Alaska's Governor (VIDEO)

I'll bet it's the media, too. Deserved or undeserved, that kind of scrutiny can be wearing. Especially if you have young children. If she's decided that it's not worth it, that's actually one of the more mature and admirable decisions I've seen from her.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I actually feel kind of bad for her; the media has given her a far worse time than she deserves, especially when you look at what's going on with a lot of other governors. On the other hand, this will undermine any chance of her making a run for the White House, and the White House is the last place she belongs as far as I'm concerned.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Maybe she's sick of the Tina Fey impressions.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I'll bet it's the media, too. Deserved or undeserved, that kind of scrutiny can be wearing. Especially if you have young children. If she's decided that it's not worth it, that's actually one of the more mature and admirable decisions I've seen from her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunki View Post
    I actually feel kind of bad for her; the media has given her a far worse time than she deserves, especially when you look at what's going on with a lot of other governors. On the other hand, this will undermine any chance of her making a run for the White House, and the White House is the last place she belongs as far as I'm concerned.
    Yeah the media has to be a factor, but even after all the negative coverage, she was still one of the most viable names in the Republican party.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Maybe she's sick of the Tina Fey impressions.
    Those were probably the high point of her campaign, when you look at everything else.

Dali

The other Governors were not Vice-Presidential candidates, see.

That said, I still do feel bad for her. She was thrust into something that she was just not yet ready for at this stage (or perhaps any stage) in her political career.

your resident asshole

That is how the world will end in 2012. Sarah Palin will become president. D:

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

MBTI
    INTP

It should probably be noted that because she'll be a private citizen again, she is going to make boatloads of money from speeches, books, appearances etc.

From a 2012 fundraising POV, it could be great, but resigning itself erases credibility. She might just want to do the conservative celebrity thing and cash in.

MBTI
    ENTP

I actually feel kind of bad for her; the media has given her a far worse time than she deserves, especially when you look at what's going on with a lot of other governors.
    Well, a lot of other governors didn't run for vice president.
    EQ is a consolation prize for people with low IQ.