User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

My first instinct was that she was fed up with everybody making fun of her. I mean, come on, she just does and says what she hears other politicians doing. There's nothing real there, I don't see a lot of actual leadership ability, she just restates and redoes a lot of things other politicians do.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    It's not that her critics hate her personally, it's that she has absolutely no depth beyond a personal level. She's even less intellectually curious than Bush. It's the total lack of substance people find so insulting.
    I think that might be how it started, but it's so over the top now. She's turned into one of those figures that has become so polarized and caricatured that her defenders find her flawless and her detractors find her without a single redeeming quality. The venomous quality of the criticism lobbed at her is frankly rather shocking. I keep waiting for her to be blamed for killing Tupac or kidnapping the Lindbergh baby.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I think that might be how it started, but it's so over the top now. She's turned into one of those figures that has become so polarized and caricatured that her defenders find her flawless and her detractors find her without a single redeeming quality. The venomous quality of the criticism lobbed at her is frankly rather shocking. I keep waiting for her to be blamed for killing Tupac or kidnapping the Lindbergh baby.
    When you run an under qualified person for Vice President, you invite harsh criticism. It's the McCain campaign that set her up to be torn down.

MBTI
    ESFJ

When you run an under qualified person for Vice President, you invite harsh criticism. It's the McCain campaign that set her up to be torn down.

We honestly do not know Sarah Palin well enough to make the kind of judgments that many people already have. Certainly not when it comes to federal politics.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

I agree. Part of the problem was the lack of a proper screening process. It seemed very haphazard.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

I was wondering how anyone can just up and leave office like that? I mean if I voted for someone and thought they deserved a post, and all of a sudden they quit out of the blue like Palin did... In my view that makes a loser no matter which way you look at it.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    We honestly do not know Sarah Palin well enough to make the kind of judgments that many people already have.
    Yeah, it's called politics.

"The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Actually it's called being in the limelight. When you step into a position like that, people are aware they're going to be scrutinized. Is the criticism deserved? Absolutely - someone so underqualified should never have made it that far.

Having said that, the coverage has always been sexist. There has been unnecessary attention paid to her physical attributes, ability to care for her children etc etc...that's unfortunate and the media could be more responsible. Why should she be subject to that kind of scrutiny. That seems unfair.

The media doesn't function in a vacuum though - they sell what people buy. Media has become more sensationalist but we also continue to patronize the sensationalist media. Fox is particularly bad in this area with completely gratuitous images behind so called 'serious' news.
    Last edited by ergophobe; 07-11-2009 at 01:26 AM.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

This was a good move. Clear out the cobwebs. Clean the slate. Make room for the new regime.

Bobby Jindal for President, 2012!