First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    If it changes who runs for president in 2012 it affects us. Or possibly more to the point, if it frees her up to be even more annoying and in the spotlight, that will affect us.
    True, but I doubt she'd win.

Let's just hope not. *holds that thought*
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

It makes me furious. I mean her resigning for the reasons she stated ("Being governor got really tough and everyone was being mean to me waaaah") fucking sets women in politics back. I mean, with the amount of attention shes gotten in the past year or two she or one of her handlers should have clued into the fact that its about a lot more than just Sarah right now. I thought she was annoying before but i absolutely loathe her now.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    If it changes who runs for president in 2012 it affects us. Or possibly more to the point, if it frees her up to be even more annoying and in the spotlight, that will affect us.
    If she does try to run, it will only be more polarized than before. Religious conservatives will think she is the next female messiah and vote for her because they like her personality ("spunky evangelical chicka!"), those who thought she was a terrible choice based on competence back in 2008 will be even more opposed and new people will diss her based on how this seems to have been handled.

The Democrats might want her to run, it could very easily discredit the Republican Party even more.

... honestly, though, I wish she would just go away. I'm tired of hearing from her, and I'm tired of hearing responses to her, she's just become a magnet for attacks on both sides.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESFJ

Sarah Palin never really bothered me that much on a personal level. There are far more odious people in both parties. I am not a fan of her politics (those we can actually discern in the little experience she has had), but she isn't the endpoint of civilization. I doubt that she'd get through the 2011-12 GOP primary season, though.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Sarah Palin never really bothered me that much on a personal level. There are far more odious people in both parties. I am not a fan of her politics (those we can actually discern in the little experience she has had), but she isn't the endpoint of civilization. I doubt that she'd get through the 2011-12 GOP primary season, though.
    What he said.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    STFU

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    What he said.
    ditto

your resident asshole

I can see Russia from my house!

Sorry, I just had to.

MBTI
    INTP

Agreed, the anti-Palin's among the liberal blogosphere and entertainment industry (as well as those assholes in the audience/ comments sections) who constantly attacked her children and their upbringing are the one's who bother me on a personal level. Palin is no K. B. Hutchison and was under-qualified for a potential Presidency (not that Obama was exactly qualified for the Presidency, either), but I found a lot to admire about her on a personal level.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    ... Palin is no K. B. Hutchison and was under-qualified for a potential Presidency (not that Obama was exactly qualified for the Presidency, either), but I found a lot to admire about her on a personal level.
    I would probably actually get along fine with her and find her pretty spunky if we were hanging out at a bar or barbecue together.

It was only all the political context and people trying to say that her personal qualities translated into political competence that really rubbed me the wrong way.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Sarah Palin never really bothered me that much on a personal level.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    What he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by r.a View Post
    ditto
    On a personal level Palin is actually quite charming, compared to most politicians.

It's not that her critics hate her personally, it's that she has absolutely no depth beyond a personal level. She's even less intellectually curious than Bush. It's the total lack of substance people find so insulting.