User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 47

  1. #11
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Thank you, Professor Obvious.
    I think you underestimate the significance, and this is one of the problems that occurs when a scientific issue becomes the focus of a political party platform, or part of an economic model. The scientist's research doesn't denounce global warming, it doesn't challenge any part of the climate change science at all, however what it does do is offer counter-evidence to the climate change sales pitch.

    It's the equivalent of a research firm telling a drug company "Hey, this new medicine you're trying to sell people doesn't do what you say it does," and then that drug company telling him to shut up and take away his party invitation. You watched Inconvenient Truth obviously, and you know part of the argument and "scare tactic" was OMG the Polar Bears are all dying. Well this guy says he can prove otherwise, and like AJ iterated it may have more to do with human efforts to preseve them despite a warming trend anyways, yet Warmists can't sell governments and people expensive policy and lifestyle changes as well if they can't show you a sad, lonely polar bear bursting into flames on a small patch of ice.

    Personally, I think before a majority of environmental issues are addressed, I'd rather spend some money and policy changes on some human issues first. Global Warming and Climate Change represents one of most egregious instances of classism dominating media, money, and politics we have right now. Go ask some of the poor people in this country, or the sick people with inadequate care, or the guy that lost his home how much they really give a shit about sea level, a couple degrees of heat, and some polar bears.



  2. #12
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    I say polar bears are very lovable and should be protected by hordes of raging fans.

    I'm not biased at all, NTs don't do bias.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  3. #13
    The Architect Alwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    922

    Default

    This comes as no surprise to me since polar bears have been spotted as far south as San Francisco. Overall the bear population in general is up, they are even moving into Australia.

  4. #14
    meat popsicle r.a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    STFU
    Posts
    496

    Default

    YouTube - The Great Global Warming Swindle Part 1 of 8

    watch the other 7. it gets better. dont just stop midway through 1 and type some angry ass response to me.

    im going to need better evidence to join your church.

  5. #15
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Personally, I think before a majority of environmental issues are addressed, I'd rather spend some money and policy changes on some human issues first.
    Agreed. I applaud this statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Global Warming and Climate Change represents one of most egregious instances of classism dominating media, money, and politics we have right now.
    Yes, second to the "War in Iraq" or "The War on Terror." I understand, really I do.

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Go ask some of the poor people in this country, or the sick people with inadequate care, or the guy that lost his home how much they really give a shit about sea level, a couple degrees of heat, and some polar bears.
    Jock, I think if half the money squandered on Halliburton contracts were spent on health care and education then most of our country's internal issues would be taken care of. I also think that if industry were made to operate more responsibly, then there is alot better chance that our grandchildren won't be developing brain tumors, rare cancers, and other vile afflictions due to our planet becoming more and more polluted. I really do get your point above.
    Last edited by Kasper; 07-25-2009 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Flaming removed

  6. #16
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    You should be upset because you quoted my post as "noise," but clearly misinterpreted a key piece of information. You should bother to read posts before you respond to them. If you had done so, you would have seen that I said that I believe carbon emissions contribute to global warming (along with the natural warming that has occurred since the last Little Ice Age). Just a suggestion.
    Last edited by Kasper; 07-25-2009 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Flaming & quote removed
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Jock, I think if half the money squandered on Halliburton contracts were spent on health care and education then most of our country's internal issues would be taken care of. I also think that if industry were made to operate more responsibly, then there is alot better chance that our grandchildren won't be developing brain tumors, rare cancers, and other vile afflictions due to our planet becoming more and more polluted. I really do get your point above.

    Hell's yeah, Halla!!!!!!!!!! This one needs to be framed and shown to everyone in America!!

  8. #18
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RuffledINTP View Post
    Hell's yeah, Halla!!!!!!!!!! This one needs to be framed and shown to everyone in America!!
    Very nice to see you, teammate!
    Thank you so much.
    May the lives of the people be happy, and good, and prosperous.


  9. #19
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Personally, I think before a majority of environmental issues are addressed, I'd rather spend some money and policy changes on some human issues first.
    Global warming is as much a human issue as an issue can ever be.

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Global Warming and Climate Change represents one of most egregious instances of classism dominating media, money, and politics we have right now.
    As someone who's going into Sociology with a focus on social stratification, and a sometimes socialist, I'm not moved by this argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Go ask some of the poor people in this country, or the sick people with inadequate care, or the guy that lost his home how much they really give a shit about sea level, a couple degrees of heat, and some polar bears.
    Yes, go ask. You can start with me. I think global warming is one of the most important issues the human race faces. However, rather than asking people anything based on their class, I would put more encouragement on asking people based on their education. I just happen to know poverty and be educated.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  10. #20
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Global warming is as much a human issue as an issue can ever be.
    Well said!

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Yes, go ask. You can start with me. I think global warming is one of the most important issues the human race faces.
    AMEN!

Similar Threads

  1. TED Talk By INFP MBTI Expert - The joys and pain of growing up different
    By highlander in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-03-2014, 09:33 AM
  2. Video: TED Talk By INFP MBTI Expert - The joy and pain of growing up different
    By highlander in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 09:07 PM
  3. £13($21) trillion: Hoard Hidden from Taxman by Global Elite
    By Rail Tracer in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 07-24-2012, 02:35 AM
  4. NH Woman Survived Bear Attack - Rescued By Pet Dog
    By Lexicon in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 06-27-2012, 07:16 PM
  5. Argentina: Suicide Pact *May Have* Been Influenced by Global Warming Fears
    By heart in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-03-2010, 08:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO