User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who would win world war III or dominate the 21st century?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • India

2 4.55%
  • China

13 29.55%
  • United States

14 31.82%
  • Japan

0 0%
  • Europe

1 2.27%
  • Russia

3 6.82%
  • Some other country (please state and explain why)

11 25.00%
First 45678 Last

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    India, lol, they have many resources
    India had two wars with Pakistan, they lost both.

and had a war with the now extinct terrorist(LTTE) which plagued Sri Lanka, they lost that too.(Sri Lankan Army got rid of them on the 19th of may 2009, not the Indians)

no india won't win anything.
    definitely not a world war.

note-
    (1)
    it should be noted that INDIA AND PAKISTAN are not fighting anymore. they are enemies by definition and both the countries try to ruin the others image, but are not ACTIVELY fighting anymore.

(2)
    Indian army came to Sri Lanka to stop the Sri Lankan government from getting rid of the LTTE, who were on the brink of extinction back in the latter part of 1980s. They didn't want the Sri Lankan army to get rid of the LTTE for many political reasons.

But that policy came to an end when the LTTE assassinated their prime minister Rajiv Gandhi.

Riva

well i don't know who'll win the next world war, but i know who'll start it.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    India had two wars with Pakistan, they lost both...
    How the hell did you work that out?

They had four 'major' wars with each other; the first two were pretty much draws, and the last two were Indian wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

If we don't account for nuclear weapons (which perhaps we shouldn't because no one would be crazy enough to use them)...

China.

I honestly believe most nations would rather be conquered by a conventional military force than risk the destruction of the planet. There have always been unspoken rules of engagement among civilized nations, and this would certainly be one of them.

Socionics
    SLI

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    If we don't account for nuclear weapons (which perhaps we shouldn't because no one would be crazy enough to use them)...

China.

I honestly believe most nations would rather be conquered by a conventional military force than risk the destruction of the planet. There have always been unspoken rules of engagement among civilized nations, and this would certainly be one of them.
    ... except the US.

I think you overestimate the humanness of people leading wars. I think, for example, if the US was losing a significant war it would nuke the hell out of it's opposition in a heartbeat.

I mean, consider the following situation. A nation is losing a war, if things go the way they are going it is going to get eradicated, it's people exterminated. And it has access to nuclear weapons. My question would be why wouldn't they use them? What have they got to lose? They're going to lose if things stay the same. And also people in charge are not looking at things through the prism of loss of human lives. Otherwise there would've been no war in the first place. So the people in charge have no consideration for the enormity of the loss of human lives caused by the weapons of mass destruction. In fact, I could see it as a motivational factor, to damage their aggressors as much as they can.

At least in my opinion.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    ... except the US.
    The destructive power of the bombs used against Japan compared to modern weaponry is like comparing a firecracker to a stinger missile-besides which, the affects of nuclear weapons on the planet as a whole was not known, and only one side possesed nuclear weapons. There are valid reasons to criticize the decision to drop those bombs (though I think things turned out best in the long-term for us having done so), but it is very nearly comparing apples to oranges to present that as a precedent for a "mutually assured destruction" scenario.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

The country with the most nukes, that launches first.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    This is true.

And the age of the super powers came to an end the moment we turned the television camera around on the Moon and looked back at the Earth and discovered the Environment.

And from that moment, the race was on to see who could 'take care of' the Environment.

Of course in the ensuing propaganda battle everyone and their dog claims to want to save the Environment - but gosh, that can only be done by a body who can supersede the super powers.

Who, oh who, can that be?

Well, we have a few clues.

Who owns and controls the Reserve Currency of the whole world?

Who has resolved to build a permanent Moon Base to 'save the Environment' spread so temptingly below?

Truly, the Moon Base will be the capstone of the Global Empire.

But note, all empires are different. Some are theocratic empires, some are territorial empires, some are military empires, some are mercantile empires. But the final empire, the last empire, will be the Environmental Empire.
    That is an interesting idea. Are you saying the US is building a moon base?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

This topic is juvenile. The question can't receive an honest answer.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    That is an interesting idea. Are you saying the US is building a moon base?
    I understand the US has already decided to build a permanent Moon Base.

Of course all the talk is about the advantages for astronomy and further exploration of the solar system.

However the Moon is a wasteland, but it overseers the whole beautiful Earth, now called, "The Environment".

And if we regard the trajectory of history towards the Global Empire, then the Moon is the capstone of the arch of Empire.