User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who would win world war III or dominate the 21st century?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • India

2 4.55%
  • China

13 29.55%
  • United States

14 31.82%
  • Japan

0 0%
  • Europe

1 2.27%
  • Russia

3 6.82%
  • Some other country (please state and explain why)

11 25.00%
First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Cockroaches.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    Cockroaches.
    I believe Mythbusters proved that cockroaches would, in fact, die under radiation and not survive the nuclear apocalypse.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

China, because it was typed in Italic in the poll...!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    ENTP

The age of the super power is over. Super powers are only possible in a world divided by national boundaries and separate economies. The more connections we have through commerce and culture, the more unlikely it is that there will ever be a global conflagration. The world tends to support a balance of power such that no one power predominates utterly. Likewise, nuclear weapons have relegated all out war to the dustbin of history.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    The age of the super power is over. Super powers are only possible in a world divided by national boundaries and separate economies. The more connections we have through commerce and culture, the more unlikely it is that there will ever be a global conflagration. The world tends to support a balance of power such that no one power predominates utterly. Likewise, nuclear weapons have relegated all out war to the dustbin of history.
    You mean globalization?

could be. But the risk of war is still far from over, and multiple power centers are emerging around the globe. I think competition between India, China, and United States will define the 21-22 st century.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I believe Mythbusters proved that cockroaches would, in fact, die under radiation and not survive the nuclear apocalypse.
    Yes, you are right for a nuclear explosion over a city sets the city alight. So as well as the radiation and blast, a fire storm is created with hurricane force winds and temperatures up to 1,100 degrees centigrade. And remember the surface of the Sun varies between 4,000 and 6,000 degrees centigrade. So a fire storm in a city destroys every living thing, including cockroaches.

Cockroaches, I am afraid, have been living under a misapprehension, but now you can see their worried little faces as they scurry around.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Likewise, nuclear weapons have relegated all out war to the dustbin of history.
    Yes, exactly. I kind of feel like the concept of WWIII is outdated, now that nuclear weapons exist. That is, unless all nukes were destroyed, or something like that.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

The age of the super power is over.
    This is true.

And the age of the super powers came to an end the moment we turned the television camera around on the Moon and looked back at the Earth and discovered the Environment.

And from that moment, the race was on to see who could 'take care of' the Environment.

Of course in the ensuing propaganda battle everyone and their dog claims to want to save the Environment - but gosh, that can only be done by a body who can supersede the super powers.

Who, oh who, can that be?

Well, we have a few clues.

Who owns and controls the Reserve Currency of the whole world?

Who has resolved to build a permanent Moon Base to 'save the Environment' spread so temptingly below?

Truly, the Moon Base will be the capstone of the Global Empire.

But note, all empires are different. Some are theocratic empires, some are territorial empires, some are military empires, some are mercantile empires. But the final empire, the last empire, will be the Environmental Empire.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Now yes. But 30-50 years later I doubt it. Even America now cannot hold against the combined might of russia and china, let alone the future.
    :rolleyes2:

Why do you think that? And what makes you think think the United States would war against a Chinese/Russian alliance outside of NATO, and other alliances, anyway?

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    I am getting a feeling that this thread is getting very pro-american. Is it because americans still believe that they will still be the superpower for a long time, or is it because you don't want your country to lose?

I am seeing things from the chinese perspective because of my nationality. but nevertheless I am not biased towards my own country, because I do see that my country does have a fair chance of losing everything when engaged in a war.

I hope you people are joining this discussion in an objective manner and analyze the situation crtically, rather than out of support for your own country.
    The truth is that no one really knows who would win WWIII. Most of us know so little about all the countries as a whole to come to a conclusion of actual substance- so why not support our own country?

However, I voted for China. It depends on when this war is and the rate of economic growth for all the countries. The rate we are going now, I think China would win in 2050 or later...

As a proud patriot, I simply hope that America gets on China's side.
    Of course, as I said, I really don't know.. none of us know the right answer.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx