User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who would win world war III or dominate the 21st century?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • India

2 4.55%
  • China

13 29.55%
  • United States

14 31.82%
  • Japan

0 0%
  • Europe

1 2.27%
  • Russia

3 6.82%
  • Some other country (please state and explain why)

11 25.00%
First 23456 Last

Sniffles

I imagine the geopolitical situation involved is a fight between these Orwellian spheres of influence:

In any case, Eurasia kicks ass!!

MBTI
    xxxx

The only possible situation in which I see the US potentially losing is the following:

North Korea(with Chinese and Russian backing) invades South Korea. For whatever reason, Europe remains neutral in the conflict. However, the United States still have the backing of the Anglosphere. While this is happen, a ROC-PRC conflict begins, with the United States backing the ROC. With the five permanent members of the UN permanent security council split, the UN takes no action.

Essentially:

Bloc A:
    United States
    South Korea
    Taiwan
    United Kingdom
    Australia
    Canada
    New Zealand

Bloc B:
    Russia
    China
    North Korea

Fast-forward the war, and most countries, for one reason or another, go neutral or join Bloc B

In this situation, the key wild cards are:
    France (probably join bloc A)
    India
    Israel
    European Union (minus the countries already listed)
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    there are also a lot of variables when you chess or Shogi, but there is always one clear emerging winner.
    This is where you show your real intentions.

There is a fine difference between brute force theorizing (what you want) and actually playing the game of Shogi and Chess.

If you wanted to find out this information so badly, I suggest you do what the Japanese - make a program that simulates this via computers. And yes, it has been done, TOEI (TOIE?) did this for the SNES with their airplane, shogun and WWII simulators. They weren't just lengthy, they were dodgy as hell and implemented a save feature.

You can do MUCH MORE than just theorize.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

The final winner I see is either Russia or China for various reasons.
    Why Russia? its demographic situation is utterly catastrophic, with a rapidly declining and aging (female) population brought about by extremely low birthrates and very high (male) death rates-their power will precipitously decline over the next 15-20 years (if not sooner).

Even assuming Europe is capable of uniting into a coherent entity, the European countries are participants in the liberal "democractic peace" phenomenem (realists assertions that all countries are "like actors" differentiated only by power and location are generally false), and so are unlikely to war against another liberal democracy. Also, its demographic situation is highly problematic, though unlike Russia, Europe only suffers from a low birthrate.

India is iffy; its riven by a multitude of severe internal divisions, and despite its rapid progress in recent years, still has a way to go to be a contender on the international stage. Strategically, its a natural ally of the United States now that its beginning to shed its paranoia regarding Western imperialism; so long as the United States demonstrates respect for India's growing power, and India is not dominated by Hindu nationalists or far-left anachronisms (unfortunately a big if), the emerging alliance will strengthen, facilitated by clear strategic interests as well as the liberal democratic peace phenomenem (the latter is still highly fragile in India, despite its extrordinary development in that direction in the face of tremendous odds).

That leaves China and the United States; the former has the potential (not to be confused with likelihood, its far too soon to predict such things) to become the single most powerful country, but in the event of a WWIII that somehow did not destroy its participants, China would lose due to its relative lack of allies, leaving the United States more powerful relative to China but less powerful relative to its allies.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

The way things are going, in terms of economic growth, I think China would stand a really good chance of winning a world war... the United States would really want to be on China's side!
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

I am getting a feeling that this thread is getting very pro-american. Is it because americans still believe that they will still be the superpower for a long time, or is it because you don't want your country to lose?

I am seeing things from the chinese perspective because of my nationality. but nevertheless I am not biased towards my own country, because I do see that my country does have a fair chance of losing everything when engaged in a war.

I hope you people are joining this discussion in an objective manner and analyze the situation crtically, rather than out of support for your own country.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    xxxx

I am getting a feeling that this thread is getting very pro-american. Is it because americans still believe that they will still be the superpower for a long time, or is it because you don't want your country to lose?

I am seeing things from the chinese perspective because of my nationality. but nevertheless I am not biased towards my own country, because I do see that my country does have a fair chance of losing everything when engaged in a war.

I hope you people are joining this discussion in an objective manner and analyze the situation crtically, rather than out of support for your own country.
    Ad hominem circumstantial, much?
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Ad hominem circumstantial, much?
    Fine, we will argue that americans will continue to have an unsurpassed superiority in the 21st century, what evidence do you have to support this?

MBTI
    xxxx

Fine, we will argue that americans will continue to have an unsurpassed superiority in the 21st century, what evidence do you have to support this?
    I never argued that. I simply argued that they would likely win WWIII.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I never argued that. I simply argued that they would likely win WWIII.
    Now yes. But 30-50 years later I doubt it. Even America now cannot hold against the combined might of russia and china, let alone the future.