User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I would want to be seen by the whole world in my death. I would atone publicly and be an example of regret.

I have always admired those who marched to the gallows and confessed to their crimes, asking for forgiveness for the wrongs they committed against others. In a way, we are all under an equally firm death sentence. So this is a powerful example of how to live life under the shadow of death.
    And if you weren't guilty?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yes, it would give me something to contemplate over.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    Sure, why not? As long as I believed the person deserved it. I mean, I wouldn't just go for the sake of going, but I wouldn't try to get out of going to one either if someone asked me to. I guess I just don't care. Sadaam's execution was certainly interesting to watch, but it would have been more interesting in person.
    This is debatable. Whether the person deserves it or not is up to anyone to judge. Alot of innocent people got thrown into prison.

I believe Batman would go into prison if he exists in our society for taking the law in his own hands.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    And if you weren't guilty?
    If I were not guilty, I would calmly as possible reaffirm my innocence (because no one will believe you by this point) and thank my captors for their kindness to me. You may still be an example of rectitude, even under such desperate circumstances. Again, we all face a similar challenge, though the time of our certain death be unknown to us.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

If you are wrongly killed, sacrificing your life for justice would serve as an example for everyone. Like Joan of Arc ot Jesus. Everyone seeing your death would only flame the public anger towards the injustice. And if the crowd wants you to die, you have a chance to defend your reputation publically in front of everyone.

There is no difference between dying publically and dying while no one knows. what is more critical is the manner in which you are executed.

And the government would not publicly execute a popular figure unless it is asking for trouble.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    If you are wrongly killed, sacrificing your life for justice would serve as an example for everyone. Like Joan of Arc ot Jesus. Everyone seeing your death would only flame the public anger towards the injustice. And if the crowd wants you to die, you have a chance to defend your reputation publically in front of everyone.
    That's why we execute prisoners in secret at dusk many years after the fact. No martyrdom. They just disappear into the darkness.

On a related note, I'd like to see this: The Stoning of Soraya M. Maybe it will influence my opinion. I'll follow up.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    On a related note, I'd like to see this: The Stoning of Soraya M. Maybe it will influence my opinion. I'll follow up.
    I don't like pro-drug message films. You know that.

I don't like pro-drug message films. You know that.
    There's a rocky quip.

That's why we execute prisoners in secret at dusk many years after the fact. No martyrdom. They just disappear into the darkness.
    Well, I think there is a reason why they end public exevutions. It is because it promotes violence. Every human being has a sadistic streak inside them, and it comes out in the form of excitement when someone gets killed or wounded. This is the reason I am against holding public executions. the more people are watching, the more sadistic the excutioners will hold the execution to put on a show.

But then again, I kind of see both sides of the issue...