User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Power Abuse

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default Power Abuse

Well? How much does it tick you off? We see it everyday..(even maybe on this forum!), and most people don't know enough to realize they're victims..but we all are.

I'd like to think that a lot of the ENFPs here feel the same way I do towards it. It's one of those things that really really gets me angry, more than a lot of things. It's one of the worst things that I think anyone with responsibility can do.

shoot.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I'm not sure what's going on since there's a lot of abbreviations be used which I'm unfamiliar with, I'm pretty sure there's no master list or glossary or link to a central dictionary source, at least I havent found it.

Do you have a grievance with moderators? Surely that's something to take up with them through the proper channels instead of posting about here.

I'm unsure as to what oppression or injustice I'm ignorant off, enlightenment if you care to but I dont feel in any sense that I'm a victim, that's a pretty personal experience to attempt to generalise to everyone else.

MBTI
    YaYa

Two identical threads?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Abuse of power is the single greatest source of my rage. and I don't mean in just a personal, day to day context but in our societal/global context as well. Those with power abuse it in every way they can, and I refuse to take it lying down.

I salute them with my favorite choice of............"cocktail" lets say.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Well? How much does it tick you off? We see it everyday..(even maybe on this forum!), and most people don't know enough to realize they're victims..but we all are.

I'd like to think that a lot of the ENFPs here feel the same way I do towards it. It's one of those things that really really gets me angry, more than a lot of things. It's one of the worst things that I think anyone with responsibility can do.

shoot.
    ENFP's seem to be affected easily (though not necessarily deeply) by other people, so it stands to reason that they may be more sensitive than others to the impact of other people on them. And, if these forces are impersonal, it might further stress the personal ENFP.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTP

I hate abuse of power more than almost anything, it makes me extremely angry and I have gotten in trouble many times for rejecting it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Sorry for the other identical thread, it was a foolish accident that I know have to live with.

One classic example I can use are the Police. They sit, they hide, they lurk here and there and wait until someone steps out of line to penalize them. I hate it when I see cops on the streets questioning people, even if they were doing something wrong. I hate it when cops hide behind the bushes on the High-Way because they have nothing better to do but drink coffee, play solitaire on their dashboard computers, and anxiously wait until they have the opportunity to assert their authority.

Power really does get to people's heads. People love it! They love the money they make from it, the people it puts them in with, the free vacations they get to 5 star resorts around the world, and they seldom give a damn about the people they are ruling over.

I know I'm being really narrow ended here, because there are a lot of people on power who do a very good job. It's the few who care too much about how it benefits them, and too less about the people they should be caring more for. In foreign countries, people are starving, people are dying, fighting, genocide, riots, and these arrogant son's of bitches sit behind their Mahogany desks, taking calls from their Black Berries talking about underground drug orders they've made with Argentina.

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTP

David Graeber, an anthropologist and anarchist wrote an interesting essay called On the Phenomenology of Giant Puppets. It was mainly about how protestors use paper mache puppets to mess with police and why police hate the puppets, but he mentioned some interesting points about how policing is about avoiding the rules of engagement and such. Graeber was "denied further tenure" at Yale despite his renowned work in anthropology which he suspects was a result of his political activism and refusal to cower in Yale's bureaucracy. There can be harsh consequences to challenging illegitimate authority.

MBTI
    ENTP

You guys sound like you believe in The Man.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Dewey Finn had it:

"Give up, just quit, because in this life, you can't win. Yeah, you can try, but in the end you're just gonna lose, big time, because the world is run by the Man. The Man, oh, you don't know the Man. He's everywhere. In the White House... down the hall... Ms. Mullins, she's the Man. And the Man ruined the ozone, he's burning down the Amazon, and he kidnapped Shamu and put her in a chlorine tank! And there used to be a way to stick it to the Man. It was called rock 'n roll, but guess what, oh no, the Man ruined that, too, with a little thing called MTV! So don't waste your time trying to make anything cool or pure or awesome 'cause the Man is just gonna call you a fat washed up loser and crush your soul. So do yourselves a favor and just GIVE UP! "