User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: cat-killer

MBTI
    ISTx

Default cat-killer

Online postings lead police to cat-killer suspect - South Florida - MiamiHerald.com

How serious do you feel these acts are? What do they suggest about his character? Is he a violent offender, or just a teenager that's able to stomach the deliverence of extreme pranks? Would you put money down that this guy would become a murderer (human(s)) in the future? How should someone like this be dealt with? What kind of therapy is necessary? Can someone become "normal" again?

MBTI
    INTP

Well, cat-killing, that first paragraph... if he happens to be a bed wetter and an arsonist, looks like they have a future sociopath on their hands.
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Online postings lead police to cat-killer suspect - South Florida - MiamiHerald.com

How serious do you feel these acts are? What do they suggest about his character? Is he a violent offender, or just a teenager that's able to stomach the deliverence of extreme pranks? Would you put money down that this guy would become a murderer (human(s)) in the future? How should someone like this be dealt with? What kind of therapy is necessary? Can someone become "normal" again?

Animal cruelty has been linked to a predisposition for violent behaviours in general. There's a lot of studies that has tied animal cruelty to domestic abuse, to psychopathy, and a host of other heinous acts.

For me, death or harming of any animal, at one's own hands must have some acknowledgement, ownership, some zing of emotion going through, that notifies the brain of the specific act. Otherwise, it's an indication that the person failed to differentiate death & abuse from any host of other everyday dealings. Which is a scary indication of the lack of mental stimulation needed to acknowledge causing death & harm to another.....and, indicates lack of self-control (at the whim of stimulus-seeking, which obviously isn't very fine-tuned and sensitive, meaning, bigger and bigger 'thrills' will need to be sought to meet that need), and stunted reaction to facing and being mentally equipped to face life within our society (i.e., others).

I hope he doesn't get off easy and pays through his guts.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

If he's already a teenager and still hurting animals, I think that yes he's probably going to become dangerous to humans eventually - at least without serious treatment. The treatment would have to be intense and on-going, because by that age he should be more aware of the suffering of other living things, particularly mammals which are kept as beloved pets by other humans in our society. There's definitely a sociopathic streak here because of that, it's not like he's torturing poisonous snakes or even animals that are deemed in our society as being okay for food. Even if he doesn't become a murderer, I would still be very worried about violence and abuse toward others, including children.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Animal cruelty has been linked to a predisposition for violent behaviours in general. There's a lot of studies that has tied animal cruelty to domestic abuse, to psychopathy, and a host of other heinous acts.

For me, death or harming of any animal, at one's own hands must have some acknowledgement, ownership, some zing of emotion going through, that notifies the brain of the specific act. Otherwise, it's an indication that the person failed to differentiate death & abuse from any host of other everyday dealings. Which is a scary indication of the lack of mental stimulation needed to acknowledge causing death & harm to another.....and, indicates lack of self-control (at the whim of stimulus-seeking, which obviously isn't very fine-tuned and sensitive, meaning, bigger and bigger 'thrills' will need to be sought to meet that need), and stunted reaction to facing and being mentally equipped to face life within our society (i.e., others).
    Yeah, that.

I don't know the specifics of his case well enough to evaluate him, but I share the concerns above and this behavior is one indicator of potential for increasing violence.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ

What Qre:us said.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post

It's a strong predictive factor that he will be capable of abusing/harming humans. He feels no empathy for those who may love those cats. People in this society love their cats and dogs (horses and ferets) too with devotions that often equal love for children. Anyone who can know this and kill one has a serious lack of empathy and therefore may be a danger to humans. I am all for felony animal abuse laws.

As to what kind of therapy he would need, I wouldn't know. I am not a professional. I don't know how to correct a lack of empathy in others.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Harming an animal = SICK.

Harming/Killing many animals = SICK.

That's not the same as hunting. That's sadistic.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Honestly, if I were Queen of the World, I would put that boy down like you would a rabid dog.

MBTI
    ESTP

Exactly, there were studies showing that almost all murderers had a history with animal cruelty before going on to other humans.

I think a serious treatment is needed.