User Tag List

123 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Default Police Taser Great-Grandmother During Traffic Stop

Video: Police Taser Great-Grandmother During Traffic Stop (VIDEO)

AUSTIN, Texas - June 10, 2009 -- Dash cam video has been released in Austin, Texas showing exactly what happened between a deputy constable and a 72-year-old woman right before she was tasered in May 2009.

The officer says says Kathryn Winkfein mouthed off, and was physically non-compliant. The great-grandmother says that's not true.

The video shows, just after 2 p.m. on May 11th, Deputy Chris Bieze stopping Kathryn Winkfein for speeding on a notoriously dangerous strip of Highway 71.

After completing the paperwork, the officer returned to Winkfein's truck. When she refused to sign the speeding ticket, a confrontation follows. The deputy said he shoved the woman to get her away from the highway, after repeatedly telling her to back up. He is heard on the dash cam warning her that she is about to be hit with a Taser.

The woman was not seriously injured.

Precinct 3 Sgt. Major Gary Griffin says he's reviewed the dash cam footage and he's standing by his deputy, who he says followed policy.
    Great-grandmother in Texas subdued with taser | 6abc.com - 6/10/09 - Philadelphia News - 6abc.com

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Old people are a menace. If liberals want abortion as a family planning choice then they must allow compulsory euthanasia for seniors as well!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

WOWZERS!

In the officers defense, she was being somewhat of an unruly beeyatch.

This is a lose/lose/lose situation for the cop:

LOSE 1: If he lets her tramp over to the highway and get splattered by a truck then he is in trouble.

LOSE 2: If he shoves her to the side of the road to keep her from getting splattered by a truck, he is in trouble.

LOSE 3: If he tases her, he is in trouble. I actually feel sorry for this guy.

At least his Lieutenant seems to have some cajones and is standing behind him. Alot of sissy-pants political type bosses would have thrown the officer under the bus to save their own ass.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    WOWZERS!

LOSE 1: If he lets her tramp over to the highway and get splattered by a truck then he is in trouble.

LOSE 2: If he shoves her to the side of the road to keep her from getting splattered by a truck, he is in trouble.

At least his Lieutenant seems to have some cajones and is standing behind him. Alot of sissy-pants political type bosses would have thrown the officer under the bus to save their own ass.
    I really think it would have been easy for him to control a 72 year old women without tasing, or even any real shoving. You just kind of hold them there, and it's not like she was going to escape from anywhere or was a threat to the policeman.

MBTI
    INTJ

I like how the video shows nothing other than her getting tazed. At least he didn't baton her.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I like how the video shows nothing other than her getting tazed.:
    They showed a 30 second lead up. Didn't see anything tase-worthy.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    WOWZERS!

Except that he did shove her, and he also tazed her. He COULD have talked to her and resolved the sitch, but like cops sometimes (often) do, he over-reacted.
    I know these guys are under a lot of pressure, but that does not justify this action.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    They showed a 30 second lead up. Didn't see anything tase-worthy.
    Yeah I only watched the bottom video at first. It probably wasn't taze worthy. At the same time, though, people shouldn't think they can do whatever they want because they are x.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    At the same time, though, people shouldn't think they can do whatever they want because they are x.
    And in this case, x stands for "a policeman". He's probably getting fired.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I really think it would have been easy for him to control a 72 year old women without tasing, or even any real shoving. You just kind of hold them there, and it's not like she was going to escape from anywhere or was a threat to the policeman.
    +1
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.