User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I guess the biggest gap in logic I see coming from the "it was justified" people is the fact that he could have easily controlled the old senile women with his two hands.
    She might have been old, but she wasn't frail. The cop is only overwhelmingly strong in an all out fight. Just look at how cops are trained to restrain uncooperative individual, even relative weak ones. It usually involves a forceful tackle of some sort. People would be crying brutality.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    She might have been old, but she wasn't frail. The cop is only overwhelmingly strong in an all out fight. Just look at how cops are trained to restrain uncooperative individual, even relative weak ones. It usually involves a forceful tackle of some sort. People would be crying brutality.
    I doubt you're honestly positing that the cop couldn't have just grabbed her. Would she have overpowered him?

MBTI
    INTj

You mean in a bear hug? You're forgetting that there's no way for him to know that she doesn't have a knife or gun concealed. It's difficult to handcuff someone without force.

MBTI
    NICE

Hey Not_me,

Suppose we substitute your mother for the old gal.

I assume you'd be happy for the same course of action? Pity her if she's got a heart condition.

You might have a dead mom on your hands, courtesy of a public servant enforcing a 45 mph speed limit.

MBTI
    INTP

You mean in a bear hug? You're forgetting that there's no way for him to know that she doesn't have a knife or gun concealed. It's difficult to handcuff someone without force.

By grabbing her arms, then pinning her against the car and handcuffing if necessary. Cops are trained in this.

MBTI
    ISTJ

It seems to be controversial whether it tampers with the heart or not. However, if the lady DID have a heart condition, and she KNEW he was going to taser her (which she was warned several times would happen) then she should have stopped being unruly. And at 72 years old, she would more than likely know whether or not she had a condition. She also literally asked to be tasered after she was told she would be if she didn't comply.

And Not_Me is correct, you can't just grab someone thats acting like that and assume they aren't carrying a weapon. And if he DID grab her, and she happened to fall down or something, it could be a potential sexual harassment lawsuit or a personal injury lawsuit.

My mother would not be in that position because she isn't dumb enough to resist. And if she was, it sucks to be her.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Hey Not_me,

Suppose we substitute your mother for the old gal.

I assume you'd be happy for the same course of action? Pity her if she's got a heart condition.

You might have a dead mom on your hands, courtesy of a public servant enforcing a 45 mph speed limit.
    Suppose we substitute your son for the cop. Suppose the "old gal" pulls a knife and stabs him. Suppose she push him in front of a car. You might have a dead son, courtesy of a old woman with an attitude of entitlement.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    you can't just grab someone thats acting like that and assume they aren't carrying a weapon.
    I don't think you understand, but once you grab and restrain a great-grandmother, the knife they are surely hiding taped to their ankle will do little good.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    By grabbing her arms, then pinning her against the car and handcuffing if necessary. Cops are trained in this.
    Then people would cry police brutality. A 300lb knuckle-dragging gorilla tacking a poor old helpless great grandmother.

MBTI
    INTP

Then people would cry police brutality. A 300lb knuckle-dragging gorilla tacking a poor old helpless great grandmother.
    He probably wouldn't have to tackle her, she's not exactly a star wide receiver. And using your hands instead of a taser gun has a better chance of not killing the elderly.

In terms of justification, you're grasping at nothing.