User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    NICE

You Americans. Tasing old women.

In the UK old ladies are far too frightened to leave their homes. So no need to taser the old gals, when-stroke-if they misbehave.

Those naughty, dotty great-grandmothers.

MBTI
    ENTJ

if this woman doesn't know or didn't want to adhere to the etiquette for dealing with police officers then she deserved to be tazed.
    I totally disagree with this. I'm not aware of that individual PD's rules re: tazing, and it's possible he is technically within the rules but tazing was not necessary in that situation. That officer lost his shit and tazed her. Physical control of a 72 yr. old woman is possible - even the shove was not necessary. Imo, tazing should only be used in last-resort situations. Are you seriously saying people "deserve" to be tazed because they're not following 'etiquette'? It's the cop's job to maintain control of the situation AND HIMSELF. He failed. How embarassing for him that it's on tape, too.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    I totally disagree with this. I'm not aware of that individual PD's rules re: tazing, and it's possible he is technically within the rules but tazing was not necessary in that situation. That officer lost his shit and tazed her. Physical control of a 72 yr. old woman is possible - even the shove was not necessary. Imo, tazing should only be used in last-resort situations. Are you seriously saying people "deserve" to be tazed because they're not following 'etiquette'? It's the cop's job to maintain control of the situation AND HIMSELF. He failed. How embarassing for him that it's on tape, too.
    +1

MBTI
    NICE

Why are US policemen so unhealthy looking?

Is is a requirement of the job to be so morbidly obese that the only criminals they can physically confront are over 70 - and even then they use a taser for a motoring offence.

Exceeding the speed limit by up to 15 mph... Whatever next? Stepping on the cracks in the road.

Tact. Diplomacy. Public service.

Magnificently absent.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Tact. Diplomacy. Public service.
    Well, that's not the US. That's TEXAS. :rolli:
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

Don't tase me bro. Don't tase me bTDDDAAETSALKTJLSADJ

Yeah, something like that. Ever notice police officers put up with a lot of self righteous fucks?

She got what was coming to her.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    Also police have been trained to deal with feistier criminals than 72-year old women without taser usage.
    Seriously.

Resorting to a taser like this is just... lazy.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8

^ you can take some 25 year old punk and slam him against the hood of a crown vic if he doesn't comply. This huge ass cop a could have grabbed this old lady, twisted her arm and threw her in cuffs. But what's to say that he wouldn't have broken her arm or otherwise hurt her? By hitting her with the taser, he avoided having to resort to violence and possibly injuring this woman.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

She started giving him lip as soon as she got out of her car, kept walking forward forcing the officer back onto the road and into potential danger, kept trying to get back in her car even though she was instructed not to and seemed to think that her age gave her immunity. He warned her 5 times that he would tasor her and yet she refused to comply. She later interviewed stating that she was not argumentative, clearly that was a blatant lie.

It’s summed up well at the end ”She made a very simple interaction with the police a very difficult task”.

Watch the rest of the footage and see if you're still sympathetic to her.

[youtube="EQljBMJ2q8o"]Starts at 1:00[/youtube]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    She started giving him lip as soon as she got out of her car, kept walking forward forcing the officer back onto the road and into potential danger, kept trying to get back in her car even though she was instructed not to and seemed to think that her age gave her immunity. He warned her 5 times that he would tasor her and yet she refused to comply. She later interviewed stating that she was not argumentative, clearly that was a blatant lie.

It’s summed up well at the end ”She made a very simple interaction with the police a very difficult task”.

Watch the rest of the footage and see if you're still sympathetic to her.

[youtube="EQljBMJ2q8o"]Starts at 1:00[/youtube]
    exactly. the footage in the original post showed only a small portion of the incident. if you watch the whole thing you see how this old lady clearly thought she was above the law due to her old age. after repeated (5) warnings and a shove she had her hand on her hip and continued to give her granny-attitude. if anything he was extra lenient with her in the beginning when he shoved her away from her truck and the road and allowed her to argue with him in close proximity without first physically restraining her.

if this were a young man who was doing the bantering and disobeying he would have been down on the ground after the first sign of noncompliance. police are very careful to not let themselves get into any situation which might compromise their own security, and rightly so.

i'm sorry if some of you think that old age is a free pass to disobey the law or those who enforce the law, but if people want to haggle with, yell at and then disobey the police then they should be prepared for the consequences.

and lastly, although i think this officer acted correctly, he should be thanking his lucky stars that the woman suffered no permanent injury otherwise we'd be looking at a-few-good-men type situation.
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.