User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    xxxx

That's pathetic.

MBTI
    INTP

As someone not ashamed to take the moral low road...

I wonder if her grandson is the "Don't tase me, bro!" kid...
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

MBTI
    INTP

if this woman doesn't know or didn't want to adhere to the etiquette for dealing with police officers then she deserved to be tazed.

that said, i think the requirement to sign your speeding tickets is pretty damned stupid and creates an environment where these kinds of encounters are much more possible.

edit: yup, just watched it again and this woman is definitely dumb.

btw this is what i was watching

YouTube - 72 Year Old Woman Gets Tased
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by miked277 View Post
    if this woman doesn't know or didn't want to adhere to the etiquette for dealing with police officers then she deserved to be tazed.

that said, i think the requirement to sign your speeding tickets is pretty damned stupid and creates an environment where these kinds of encounters are much more possible.

edit: yup, just watched it again and this woman is definitely dumb.

btw this is what i was watching

YouTube - 72 Year Old Woman Gets Tased
    +500.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Deserved based on what? Tasing is potentially lethal for elderly people. There isn't a reason for death or injury to be risked based on refusal to sign a ticket.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Deserved based on what? Tasing is potentially lethal for elderly people. There isn't a reason for death or injury to be risked based on refusal to sign a ticket.
    Once the person has shown herself to be uncooperative it's within guidelines for the officer to use the tools given to him to prevent injury to himself and the suspect. Would you have rather he shoved and pinned the grandmother to ground? Follow instructions, don't be an idiot, and things like this don't happen.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

This action was NOT justified. the officer followed his training, but his training alone was not sufficient to handle this situation. He abused his authourity and did NOTHING to calm the woman down.

And does her being 'dumb' (in your perfect estimation) have to do with anything?

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Once the person has shown herself to be uncooperative it's within guidelines for the officer to use the tools given to him to prevent injury to himself and the suspect. Would you have rather he shoved and pinned the grandmother to ground? Follow instructions, don't be an idiot, and things like this don't happen.
    Grabbing her, which doesn't risk death, would have sufficed. She's 72.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    This action was NOT justified. the officer followed his training, but his training alone was not sufficient to handle this situation. He abused his authourity and did NOTHING to calm the woman down.

And does her being 'dumb' (in your perfect estimation) have to do with anything?
    the action was justified, this woman resisted arrest. and she's dumb because she asked (literally) to be arrested rather than accept the ticket.
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

the action was justified, this woman resisted arrest. and she's dumb because she asked (literally) to be arrested rather than accept the ticket.
    Just because she's stupid doesn't justify the officer's actions. It's not so much the tasing I'm opposed to but how the whole situation was delt with. The officer immediately resorted to yelling and shoving which aggravated the situation. Talking a person down should be your first weapon. Also police have been trained to deal with feistier criminals than 72-year old women without taser usage. After watching the video I don't think the officer was in danger of being harmed nor was she going to out run him. I think it's a simple proceedure that got out of hand.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.