123 Last

Thread: North Korea

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Default North Korea

Kim Jong Il is back (don't care if I spelled his name right), the North koreans are testing missles like crazy, they set off a nuke this week, and they're threatening war with anyone who interferes. Sounds kinda like that "generated crisis" Biden was promising on the campaign trail should Obama be elected. I have to say, upon his election, it seems our enemies have been horribly emboldened. What are your thoughts?

MBTI
    INTx

I think everything N Korea has done up to this point they would have done either way.

Additional point, I think the current administration is in a better position than the old administration because it's more likely to be seen as rational and agreeable in international affairs should a push for action be undertaken. Bush n' friends may have been more willing to apply greater force, and sooner, but the cost of this was a tremendous amount of international scorn and local economical cost.

Sniffles

North Korea does this on a regular basis. Overall they don't pose much of a threat to our security. I suspect Kim Jong Il is following a Sun Tzu-like strategy of "when weak, appear strong" to try to gain the world's attention. The North Korean military is in no real position to fight a major war.

I always found it ironic for a major superpower like the United States, which alone possesses enough nukes to blow up the entire world several times over, to be scarred of impoverished third-rate countries.

MBTI
    INTx

^ Also agree with this. The media loves to dote on them because they're so belligerent even as they crush themselves under economic sanctions. So silly.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Do you know how fucking bad a country has to be for it to be considered the worst country in the world?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    ^ Also agree with this. The media loves to dote on them because they're so belligerent even as they crush themselves under economic sanctions. So silly.
    Yea well the problem is that NK doesn't give a crap about sanctions, because the government doesn't give a crap about its people. Thus, you can't really do a whole lot to harm them if they don't play by the rules, and they'll continue to do what they want and piss over every country who writes them a dumb ass angry letter :/ . I really don't know what their aim is, but I'm not as concerned about them as I am about Iran, considering Iran has said over and over again they wish to obliterate the U.S. and Israel. NK, on the other hand, doesn't communicate such a hostile will.

MBTI
    ISTx

This fuckin' guy...

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I always found it ironic for a major superpower like the United States, which alone possesses enough nukes to blow up the entire world several times over, to be scarred of impoverished third-rate countries.
    Do you know how hesitant we'd be to use such force though and the implications of such an act? It's not a position we want to be in, thus we get discomforted when people are swinging their sticks around like they're willing and ready to do something even if we do have superior firepower.

Sniffles

Here's a better photo of him:

MBTI
    ISTx

lolz. Team America?