User Tag List

First 123

Thread: North Korea

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well in my eyes there is a difference. Because by nuking them you have attacked all countries in the world. (because of radiation)

But the biological weapons efect can be controled much better. Especially since the country is like an island/fortress.

I am not saying that you have to kill them. I thinking something more like causing country wide diarrhoea problems. Since they they don't have the resources to fix it. While neighbouring countries do. In the case that it breakes out of the country.
    This is an excellent idea, I think being a member of the U.N. would hold us back. It wouldn't look good either.

We don't need to use nuclear weapons. The warhead that they detonated underground was less than 25% as powerful as the one we used on Hiroshima (Fox News). We have enough arm to do some damage without the use of these with a country like this. I want to see what Russia is willing to do.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ADISCIPLE View Post
    This is an excellent idea, I think being a member of the U.N. would hold us back. It wouldn't look good either.

We don't need to use nuclear weapons. The warhead that they detonated underground was less than 25% as powerful as the one we used on Hiroshima (Fox News). We have enough arm to do some damage without the use of these with a country like this. I want to see what Russia is willing to do.
    Pfft, the UN. Getting scolded or "condemned" by the UN is like getting a strongly worded letter to your parents by the school janitor.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

If ever anyone wanted to know what happens when the West does not successfully use the force of arms to defend against totalitarianism, Providence saw to the bifurcation of a peninsula (caption translations here).

One damned circle of latitude, a whole world apart. It's the subtlety of the horror that gets you.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Yea well the problem is that NK doesn't give a crap about sanctions, because the government doesn't give a crap about its people. Thus, you can't really do a whole lot to harm them if they don't play by the rules, and they'll continue to do what they want and piss over every country who writes them a dumb ass angry letter :/ . I really don't know what their aim is, but I'm not as concerned about them as I am about Iran, considering Iran has said over and over again they wish to obliterate the U.S. and Israel. NK, on the other hand, doesn't communicate such a hostile will.
    Yes they do. They do it with their actions. They talk a little bit of smack, but they are lining up and aiming artilery. They actually tested Two this week. They also tore up the armitsice. As far as their missle tests, i still think they fail because china doesn't want them to be reliable. China knows that as soon as the deliverer works, Japan and South Korea will go nuclear. China wants them to be just on the cusp, just in case they could use NK as a tool for themselves.

You are most certainly correct about not giving a rats ass about their people. That makes them having nothing to loose. Thus, to be most feared. Iran, However, has alot to loose. Think of it like this....if the reactors and missle tests were bombed in either NK or Iran, who would retaliate immediatly with the most destruction.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Yes they do. They do it with their actions. They talk a little bit of smack, but they are lining up and aiming artilery. They actually tested Two this week. They also tore up the armitsice. As far as their missle tests, i still think they fail because china doesn't want them to be reliable. China knows that as soon as the deliverer works, Japan and South Korea will go nuclear. China wants them to be just on the cusp, just in case they could use NK as a tool for themselves.

You are most certainly correct about not giving a rats ass about their people. That makes them having nothing to loose. Thus, to be most feared. Iran, However, has alot to loose. Think of it like this....if the reactors and missle tests were bombed in either NK or Iran, who would retaliate immediatly with the most destruction.
    NK is a military threat to Asia, most certainly, but not to the United States because the leadership isn't stupid or fanatical enough to attack a superpower or close ally thereof, unlike Iran. However, the threat they pose to our lesser allies such as South Korea and Japan would be severely destabilizing and bad for us/everyone in the end. What they believe is actually happening is that NK is testing a newer "compact nuke" technology that can be fit onto a missile, hence the numerous missile tests and "small" nuke tests. Most people don't understand that little tidbit. So if NK keeps on this path, the United States will likely ask Japan itself to go nuclear (something they themselves have been reluctant to do) in order to keep things more stable, since China will likely not swat NK on the behind themselves.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

NK is a military threat to Asia, most certainly, but not to the United States because the leadership isn't stupid or fanatical enough to attack a superpower or close ally thereof, unlike Iran. However, the threat they pose to our lesser allies such as South Korea and Japan would be severely destabilizing and bad for us/everyone in the end. What they believe is actually happening is that NK is testing a newer "compact nuke" technology that can be fit onto a missile, hence the numerous missile tests and "small" nuke tests. Most people don't understand that little tidbit. So if NK keeps on this path, the United States will likely ask Japan itself to go nuclear (something they themselves have been reluctant to do) in order to keep things more stable, since China will likely not swat NK on the behind themselves.
    i was unaware of the 'compact nuke' angle to it. Thanks. i still think Iran is less of a threat due to all the pressure on Isreal to create a Palestinian state. Combine that with that ever growing threat from Iran. It developes into a pretty decent window of time to strike in order to stall all the other pressures and even reverse some poorly concluded ideas brought to them from external monday morning quarterbacks that have no concept of Isreals imminent situation. The reason it makes Iran less of a threat is their capabilities will likely be neutralized before they get to the level NK is now.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ISTJ

Oh don't worry Risen, Obama's appeasement methods are SURE to be succesful in keeping our enemies at bay. I'm sure Neville Chamberland would agree.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTx

Yea well the problem is that NK doesn't give a crap about sanctions, because the government doesn't give a crap about its people. Thus, you can't really do a whole lot to harm them if they don't play by the rules, and they'll continue to do what they want and piss over every country who writes them a dumb ass angry letter :/ . I really don't know what their aim is, but I'm not as concerned about them as I am about Iran, considering Iran has said over and over again they wish to obliterate the U.S. and Israel. NK, on the other hand, doesn't communicate such a hostile will.
    Mm. Who knows that the NK really wants in the end. They don't have support from anyone at the moment, meaning the moment they become hostile half the world will retaliate and half the world who would normally take offense at said retaliation will instead turn a blind eye to the whole thing. And they must know this is the case. So they're either harmless or suicidal.

As for Iran, it may just be my imagination, but I've noticed a sharp decline in anti-american posturing of late. It may have something to do with the current administration not pissing off half the world.