User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: North Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Do you know how hesitant we'd be to use such force though and the implications of such an act? It's not a position we want to be in, thus we get discomforted when people are swinging their sticks around like they're willing and ready to do something.
    True, but why not use biological weapons against them?

If needed

MBTI
    ISTx

Hmm, I don't see how that would be a much more civil way of conducting ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Hmm, I don't see how that would be a much more civil way of conducting ourselves.
    Well in my eyes there is a difference. Because by nuking them you have attacked all countries in the world. (because of radiation)

But the biological weapons efect can be controled much better. Especially since the country is like an island/fortress.

I am not saying that you have to kill them. I thinking something more like causing country wide diarrhoea problems. Since they they don't have the resources to fix it. While neighbouring countries do. In the case that it breakes out of the country.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Just about the whole world would poke back at NK should it step out of boundaries.

It would be swift.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    North Korea does this on a regular basis. Overall they don't pose much of a threat to our security. I suspect Kim Jong Il is following a Sun Tzu-like strategy of "when weak, appear strong" to try to gain the world's attention. The North Korean military is in no real position to fight a major war.

I always found it ironic for a major superpower like the United States, which alone possesses enough nukes to blow up the entire world several times over, to be scarred of impoverished third-rate countries.
    +1

No threat, whatsoever.

MBTI
    ENTP

Not a direct threat to the US, but could certainly still do some damage to south korea and flood china with refugees.

bush should have been handling this before instead of trying to steal iraqs oil.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    I think everything N Korea has done up to this point they would have done either way.

Additional point, I think the current administration is in a better position than the old administration because it's more likely to be seen as rational and agreeable in international affairs should a push for action be undertaken. Bush n' friends may have been more willing to apply greater force, and sooner, but the cost of this was a tremendous amount of international scorn and local economical cost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    North Korea does this on a regular basis. Overall they don't pose much of a threat to our security. I suspect Kim Jong Il is following a Sun Tzu-like strategy of "when weak, appear strong" to try to gain the world's attention. The North Korean military is in no real position to fight a major war.

I always found it ironic for a major superpower like the United States, which alone possesses enough nukes to blow up the entire world several times over, to be scarred of impoverished third-rate countries.
    Exactly. Well said.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    Not a direct threat to the US, but could certainly still do some damage to south korea and flood china with refugees.

bush should have been handling this before instead of trying to steal iraqs oil.
    Maybe Merkel should have handled it?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Pfft, Merkel....
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Oberon

North Korea is engaging in an ongoing struggle for relevancy. It needs some basis by which to distinguish itself from, for example, Mali. The technology thing seems to work in that regard. Whether it will eventually put an end to famine in the People's Republic remains to be seen.