User Tag List

First 789

Thread: Food insurance

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Our government has a poor track record with price controls. I don't blame people for their hesitance to accept a system that would mandate it.
    All governments have a poor track record with price controls... price controls are inherently negative. But this has nothing to do with the hesitance, or otherwise. It's ideology that keeps it going.

Anyway, no point wasting anyone's time in arguing this. It'll play out like the last several dozen versions of it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Started what? Now you're following me around, trying to start fights with me?

I guess that explains all of the rep comments and the junk I deleted off my profile comments page.

Your new nickname is apple.
    No, I'm not following you around trying to start fights with you. I disagreed with your point, and I don't find your behavior here to be in any way better than my own. In fact, you have a very instigating sort of attitude toward me and some of the other posters here.

My new nickname is apple? Your new nickname is loser.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    All governments have a poor track record with price controls... price controls are inherently negative.
    That's probably true. But there's is certainly a big difference between setting a price control for a small country like Belgium and doing so for a nation as vast as the US.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Yes. Universally poor health care, while poor, is at least equally poor to everyone regardless of class.
    I would think that this fundamental fairness is the most important foundation one can have in a public service. It pulls more attention to issues when they apply to everyone. Governments that wish to stay popular will work at continually improving the system.

MBTI
    ISTP

That's probably true. But there's is certainly a big difference between setting a price control for a small country like Belgium and doing so for a nation as vast as the US.
    Yup, no doubt.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    Governments that wish to stay popular will work at continually improving the system.
    I will believe that on the day I have a pleasant, efficient experience at the DMV office.

Because that's what we're talking about... we want to make going to the doctor like going to the Department of Motor Vehicles.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I will believe that on the day I have a pleasant, efficient experience at the DMV office.

Because that's what we're talking about... we want to make going to the doctor like going to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
    For some, that's better than having a complete and utter inability to get medical care at all.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    For some, that's better than having a complete and utter inability to get medical care at all.
    Health care is like a car, or a bucket of fried chicken. Everybody in the country has the right to buy a bucket of fried chicken if they want to. Not everyone can afford fried chicken.

If a person has the right to buy the bucket of fried chicken but can't afford it, does that mean that the rest of society owes it to him?

No. It doesn't.

Everyone in this country has the right to buy as much health care as he or she can afford. It sucks to be poor, just as it sucks to be sick. Neither one is the government's problem, and the more government attempts to solve these problems the more government becomes a problem for all of us.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    Governments that wish to stay popular will work at continually improving the system.
    In an ideal world, sure I could buy that.

But in this world, they only need TELL people they are happy through the media.