User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Thread: Food insurance

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

States already regulate insurance.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ok - let me put it to you this way: the system is fucked and we need more government interference to clean it up. Now, if you're suggesting that there's a way to regulate insurance FURTHER (not the way it already is) there must be government involvement. There's no other way around it, and frankly, if you're a libertarian then the moral basis of your philosophy is that no government interference can take place within the gold standard of face to face economic exchange. Meaning that your desire to cancel out non-emergency type insurance is not very libertarian of you. It's utterly liberal.

You're being intentionally vague, too. You don't answer questions directly, and you played this little game with your bad metaphor to try to bait people into seeing things your way, which you didn't. Of course people are going to disagree with you. Of course not everyone is going to magically read your mind, because not everyone thinks like you do. The point of communication is to communicate, not to confuse.

And this isn't because I'm not as intelligent as you are, either, or I just don't "get it". I have an NT friend who has a PhD in Philosophy who specializes in Kant's wheel of logic, and he said your entire premise made no sense at all, and that your position was neither clearly liberal nor liberatarian.

Oberon

Pardon me for saying so, marm, but if you're not careful people will think you're being a d!ck.

Regulating insurance differently doesn't mean regulating it more. There's no reason to jump all over Lat about irrelevancies; it casts you in a negative light, and serves no useful purpose.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Pardon me for saying so, marm, but if you're not careful people will think you're being a d!ck.

Regulating insurance differently doesn't mean regulating it more. There's no reason to jump all over Lat about irrelevancies; it casts you in a negative light, and serves no useful purpose.
    He started it. He's already accused me of lying on a previous thread. I probably just shouldn't attempt to debate with him. Ever.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    He started it. He's already accused me of lying on a previous thread.
    Ah, okay, that explains it. I thought I might have been missing some context.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    He started it. He's already accused me of lying on a previous thread. I probably just shouldn't attempt to debate with him. Ever.
    Started what? Now you're following me around, trying to start fights with me?

I guess that explains all of the rep comments and the junk I deleted off my profile comments page.

Your new nickname is apple.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTx

The states seems to get the worst of both worlds.

Embrace universal health care, heathens!

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    Embrace universal health care, heathens!
    Yes. Universally poor health care, while poor, is at least equally poor to everyone regardless of class.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Yes. Universally poor health care, while poor, is at least equally poor to everyone regardless of class.
    *sigh* The good news is that no one is looking to emulate the american version. So long as this belief/ideology stays contained, I won't be much affected.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    *sigh* The good news is that no one is looking to emulate the american version. So long as this belief/ideology stays contained, I won't be much affected.
    Our government has a poor track record with price controls. I don't blame people for their hesitance to accept a system that would mandate it.