User Tag List

First 78910 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Typology View Post
    It's kind of sad that people let themselves get that down to the point where they feel they need to make their desperation public in a 'shocking' manner. Get over yourself, or stop wasting everybodies time.
    Is that what you would have shouted to that poor teenager in England? It's pathetic that people feel compelled to egg a young person on simply because they think it's funny or annoying. Get over yourselves, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefle View Post
    Strangely, I personally don't think those kind of people are desperate enough.

If they're desperate enough, I think they'll simply want.it.to.END. They won't look for attention.

Of course, that's my own opinion...
    So what's the stage before claiming life?
    Is there a specific direction that people must deal with it?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Typology View Post
    It's kind of sad that people let themselves get that down to the point where they feel they need to make their desperation public in a 'shocking' manner. Get over yourself, or stop wasting everybodies time.
    Yeah...they should just take a pill or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefle View Post
    In fact, while the act itself, I understand, is very wrong, I couldn't disagree with the pusher's reason.

And then the value of this kind of act..yeah, I think low of it. I think most truly desperate people who'd really, really had no hope of life wouldn't do it publicly, or simply don't care where. And they deserve nothing but sympathy and grief. This kind of people seems to look for the best place for people to see... and to me, it screams "LOOK AT ME I AM SUFFERING HEAR MY WHININGS BITCHES"
    So only people who no longer have any use for it, deserve sympathy?

Quote Originally Posted by Oom View Post
    I don't see why people think that a suicidal person has a chemical imbalance or something. I consider it to be like quitting baseball. Quitting life isn't much different, it's a natural part of life when circumstances are pointing towards it.

We've been committing suicide for thousands of years, it's kind of like all of the wars we read about in our history books. Ceasar got stabbed by all of his senate members, and his best friend. If that were to happen now, it would make international attention.

Back then it was just another way to keep on keepin' on. How ironic that we shun all of the things that come naturally to us. We've split ourselves apart from our history like disowning a child.

Why would a person in a bad situation commit suicide on the other hand? Maybe they see that being dead wouldn't be so bad. Maybe it's great. Nobody I know can tell me that being dead is the worst thing in the world. We just dont know what it is.

Death, killing, and suicide are natural parts of being in the animal kingdom.
    Suicide is not a natural part of anything. WTF are you people talking about? Brutus? What?

Is this the thread where people compete to find out who can say the most moronic thing imaginable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

He wanted to commit suicide? He should have jumped and been done with it without pissing everyone else off.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

So, did I just miss the part where someone points out the fact that this guy slipped through the police and had time to shake his hand before he pushed him off?

Either he's a ninja or just about everyone was tired of the guy.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post
    He wanted to commit suicide? He should have jumped and been done with it without pissing everyone else off.
    Your empathy is overwhelming..

It always strikes me how a large majority sees suiciders as losers, who only have theirselves to blame, completely oblivious to the FACT that we live in a world full of injustice.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    ...completely oblivious to the FACT that we live in a world full of injustice.
    yeah, like when people hold up traffic for 5 hours.

No one said they are losers and no one is blaming them. This stunt was obviously done for attention.

The way I view these things... Most of it's a cry for attention. I find it odd that most people don't fault a baby for calling out for attention, neither a child but as soon as we hit adulthood. The sense of empathy for somebody wanting attention flies out of the window at such a drastic level. Yeah I get that we're adults and all that, but still...

People deal with problems in multiple ways. I'd imagine there's no set method.

Someone might cope by withdrawing completely from the world. Some might engage in self-harm as an outlet.
    Some might engage in attention-seeking behaviour by doing crazy things, alienating themselves from themselves and friends.

It doesn't remove the fact that an underlying problem exists. These people can all be potentially be suffering from immense stress or depression. That in itself deserves my empathy and sympathy imo.

MBTI
    INFP

What that article doesn't tell you is that he pushed him o safety, on to a giant air cushion set up by police. So selective, these media types.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    It doesn't remove the fact that an underlying problem exists. These people can all be potentially be suffering from immense stress or depression. That in itself deserves my empathy and sympathy imo.
    Yeah, that's because a baby is helpless and can't communicate (but please notice the fact that I choose not to have children). But with grown people... dude, I got my own problems.

I help everyone I can. I really do more than the average person but I still have opinions about it whether I vocalize it or not. I have no tolerance for people who choose to drag others into their crazy drama. Like all those school shooters who also shoot themselves. I would respect them more if they just shot themselves to begin with... or just asked for help (which I know is not always easy).

And the end result is that these people get what they wanted - attention. Look how many posts, phone calls, forwards and news clips this dude is getting. Isn't this what he wanted?