First 1234 Last

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

This is hilarious. I wonder why Chen didn't pull Lai down with him. I would have.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I lol'd heartily.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Did you guys miss that the suicide pushee only hurt his wrist and got bruised? Had he actually died, I wouldn't have made such a comment.
    Thanks for the correction.

The malignancy of intent demonstrated by Jiansheng remains dynamic, irrespective of outcome.

In other words, good luck doesn't alter the need to examine motivational impulses that led to Jiansheng's decision / subsequent defense of his action.

The incident itself is less important than the events that led up to its justification.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The guy didn't die, I can see why he did it actually. I think it's sort of funny personally. Failed attempt at suicide because someone pushed him off, the irony. If you watch the video it actually seems like the guy aimed for the would be suicide victim to land on the cushion. It seems like he was arrested because the authorities didn't know what else to do.

Just my 2c.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

In his mind he's going "At least now everyone can finally go to work."

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    The crowd urged the lad to jump (which he did - killing himself) but it appears to be passive - and indicitive of an absence of a value system by the onlookers.

Don't expect any sympathy from a busy commuter or a crowd of British scumbags.
    uh, cheering someone on to jump doesn't mean they don't have a value system. it just means they didn't value his life any more than he did.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Is it wrong I laughed when I read the thread title?

I have compassion for people that commit or attempt suicide. Less compassion for those that do it publicly. Almost none for those that threaten it in public.
    same here. not saying it's always the case, but ime, i've had at least nine friends and family commit suicide, and every time it was successful, it was a complete shock to everyone. those friends, etc. that threaten(ed) it publicly are alive and well and still doing it today. like it's another way of throwing a funeral when you're still alive, just to see who fell for it and showed up, what they said, and how hard they cried. pure selfishness.

of course i feel bad when someone does it, but at the same time, i can't control or save the world. at some point, i had to accept the fact that they made their choice, and take from that a more conscious attempt to watch and listen to those i love a little more carefully.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Suggests a great deal about Jiansheng's personal value system and what he ascertains to be a culturally-appropriate punitive response to behavior threatening stable governance.

Could be less - perhaps Jiansheng is simply a psychopath, acting on his own accord to disseminate his personal M.O., which in no way reflects the social system of his origin. After all, the story was bizarre enough to earn a position in Reuters...
    on the other hand, he may not have done it as a punitive measure, but simply to make way for the affected entities to resume progress.

eliminating an obstacle, rather than punishing an offender.
    Jiansheng should have known that the fall wouldn't kill Chen.

rash action is rarely explained well -- idiot right brainers.

Jiansheng mentioned about how selfish Chen was. i suppose it could be interpreted either way: either being about punishing a criminal or removing a [selfish] road-block.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Is it wrong I laughed when I read the thread title?

I have compassion for people that commit or attempt suicide. Less compassion for those that do it publicly. Almost none for those that threaten it in public.
    dude, i laughed as well.

and after watching the video i think the pusher did the exact right thing. i would have pushed this douch bag into the giant cushion too if he had held me up for 5 hours. the title of the thread made it sound like the guy threatening suicide actually died instead of sufferring a fractured wrist or whatever.
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.

Riva

"And they lived happily ever after."

I love happy endings.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Interesting. Jiansheng was propounding his value system in an active manner.

The following is unusual: Suicide teenager urged to jump by baying crowd - Telegraph

The crowd urged the lad to jump (which he did - killing himself) but it appears to be passive - and indicitive of an absence of a value system by the onlookers.

Don't expect any sympathy from a busy commuter or a crowd of British scumbags.
    That made me sick.