User Tag List

Enneagram
    1w2

Default Pillow Talk and Presidents

How much influence do you think the partners of leaders have on the policy they set?

If the spouse of an influential world leader is perceived as having too much involvement in a particular initiative is that initiative taken less seriously? Is the partner viewed as trying to be a de facto leader?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    How much influence do you think the partners of leaders have on the policy they set?

If the spouse of an influential world leader is perceived as having too much involvement in a particular initiative is that initiative taken less seriously? Is the partner viewed as trying to be a de facto leader?
    Were you refering to the Clintonian era?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Were you refering to the Clintonian era?
    Not quite, but that was in the back of my mind. Just a conversation I had with someone today about the secret annals of power and such.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Oberon

With the Clintons, I suspect the communication was much more forthright than "pillow talk."