User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 64

  1. #41
    Lasting_Pain
    Guest

    Default

    What form of government would you like you see in the future?

    After reading a lot of conspiracy websites I see a New World Order in the near future. Do not know what type of government it would be, but I will let other members fill in the gaps.

  2. #42
    Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    What form of government would you like you see in the future.

    After reading a lot of conspiracy websites I see a New World Order in the near future. Do not know what type of government it would be, but I will let other members fill in the gaps.
    Is this a sincere post?

  3. #43
    Lasting_Pain
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    Is this a sincere post?
    Sincere in the fact that this is the current idea I have running around in my head right now.

    Also it rolls off the tongue quite easily.

    P.S If you do not know about it, look it up. It is a pretty interesting read.

  4. #44
    Queen hunter Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,664

    Default

    I think that we will first have to answer the question : Ideal for what ?
    (this is not a sarcasm)

  5. #45
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I think that we will first have to answer the question : Ideal for what ?
    (this is not a sarcasm)
    The proper role for any government is to serve the common good. This is true whether you're talking about a monarchy, republic, democracy, or whatever.

    I'm more worried about the underlining principles behind the government rather than it's exact form. I'll always prefer a monarchy ruled by just statesmen over any democracy ruled by corrupt politicians.

  6. #46
    Junior Member porous_shield's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Democracy is like when three wolves and a sheep have to decide what is for supper, but that's where the checks and balances come in. The best form of government, as someone said earlier would probably be a benovolent dictatorship. If you used robots to administer things completely objectively so the dictatorship doesn't turn into hell, it might be sufferable....but then we could all end up in little pods powering them like in the Matrix.
    Theirs is not to make reply
    Theirs is not to reason why
    Theirs is but to do and die

    Tennyson, Lord Alfred

  7. #47
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by porous_shield View Post
    The best form of government, as someone said earlier would probably be a benovolent dictatorship. If you used robots to administer things completely objectively so the dictatorship doesn't turn into hell, it might be sufferable....but then we could all end up in little pods powering them like in the Matrix.

  8. #48
    Badoom~ Skyward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    I dunno. I'm voting for President Eden next election
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

    This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

    Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

  9. #49
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by porous_shield View Post
    Democracy is like when three wolves and a sheep have to decide what is for supper, but that's where the checks and balances come in. The best form of government, as someone said earlier would probably be a benovolent dictatorship. If you used robots to administer things completely objectively so the dictatorship doesn't turn into hell, it might be sufferable....but then we could all end up in little pods powering them like in the Matrix.
    Your avatar reminds me of happy face fascism.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Galusha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?
    Posts
    204

    Default

    socialist meritocracy based off of training, aptitude and performance. denial of states' rights in favor of the federal government, and a proportional representative parliament. complete social liberalism, companies still traded as long as they have nothing to do with educaton or health care. otherwise, no government ownership.

Similar Threads

  1. What sort of philosopher is House MD?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-05-2011, 02:12 PM
  2. What type of metaphor is MBTI?
    By Mole in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-25-2010, 07:27 AM
  3. [SP] What time of day is your peak?
    By SaltyWench in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 04:54 PM
  4. typologicals unite - what type of humor is this?
    By velocity in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 08:28 PM
  5. What form of gov't would best suit a person like you?
    By disregard in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 01:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO