Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This is horrible.:steam:

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    yes, its[sic] called diffusion of responsibility. You should look it up. might learn something
    I am well aware of what that is; it is not complex. Restating your opinion in the form of a catchphrase does not, I'm afraid, render your guess on the applicability to this situation accurate . . . much as your declaration does not give empirical accuracy to your statement on parental gender preference. It needs more than shallow conjecture.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Because this opens a legal avenue to gender-based eugenics. HUGE, huge potential implications
    Yeah, but so what? I mean, as long as it's on the individual level and not the governmental level, who cares?

We have pills that allow us not to prevent children, we have ways to get multiple births, we can save sperm or eggs for future use in our 60s - which is non natural, we can outsource the bearing of children to a surrogate. We have antibiotics that make us live longer, soap, open heart surgery, kidney transplants. So we are already medically playing with natural selection. So isn't this just part of it all? The fact is that we can already abort children for far lesser reasons than gender - someone I know got an abortion so show wouldn't be "fat for prom". Why is one reason better or worse than the other?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Also, think of it in these terms:

Historically, a population boom of excess female babies leads to...... you guessed it, another population boom!

Do you know what a population boom of EXCESS males leads to, historically? Wars.

Maybe men aren't as brutish as we once were, but an excess of males in the population can lead to some very violent outcomes.

The competition and lack of access to female mates is a major problem when men significantly outnumber women.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

In all fairness to Swedish society, its noted for its gender egalitarianism; I doubt that this is a widespread occurence. Still, if one is in favor of legal second-trimester abortions, one cannot logically oppose the legality of gender-selective abortions.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amira View Post
    It sure can help. Personally, I think if abortion is legal then gender selection is just the logical next step. Disgusting, but logical.
    I disagree. I think it is more important what reasons a woman has for aborting. Whether it's actually legal or not won't change much.

If you're going to abort for some trivial reason, then sure, gender is another one. I think there's many women who would abort an unwanted child if necessary but would never consider aborting a child of the "wrong" gender. I would even say that goes for most women. Some women may take abortion lightly but most people I know don't....

Slippery slopes, ugh. You know, if we allow abortion, next they'll legalize infanticide! Then they'll make it legal to kill inconvenient adults! Just you wait...I have some candidates in mind, lol.
    -end of thread-

Riva

sick.