User Tag List

First 1234 Last

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    If you're going to allow abortions in general why should it matter the reason?
    Because this opens a legal avenue to gender-based eugenics. HUGE, huge potential implications

this:
    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    General question: What about if one gender starts to become aborted more often and off set the natural balance in genders?
    Something like %80 of parents prefer boys, in the USA. Surly you can see the problem with human husbandry this might cause?

MBTI
    Hype

Also, think of it in these terms:

Historically, a population boom of excess female babies leads to...... you guessed it, another population boom!

Do you know what a population boom of EXCESS males leads to, historically? Wars.

Maybe men aren't as brutish as we once were, but an excess of males in the population can lead to some very violent outcomes.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Something like %80 of parents prefer boys, in the USA. Surly you can see the problem with human husbandry this might cause?
    Wow. Do you have a link for that?

MBTI
    Hype

no, and I'm not gonna find it cuz it doesnt fucking matter anyways, its WELL over %50 which is all you need to create any imbalance given that gender-based abortive eugenics went unchecked.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Everyone asks if we are going to try for a boy. (4 girls) I can't understand that mentality. Why would I want to "try" for something? Don't I already have the four kids I desired? Would they be more desirable if they were boys? Would I be more fulfilled with a boy? (Same question gets asked of the people with only boys)

Bleh.

MBTI
    intp

no, and I'm not gonna find it cuz it doesnt fucking matter anyways, its WELL over %50 which is all you need to create any imbalance given that gender-based abortive eugenics went unchecked.
    Well, it generally matters to me that stuff I'm taking in is not false/baseless. It sounded outlandish enough to need verification.
    I submit that legality is not a huge factor to those who want to have sex-selective abortions. It has to do more with strong cultural preferences or the lack thereof.

MBTI
    Hype

^I dunno about that (the hue factor piece)..... how many couples out there do you think are comfortable aborting a child because its a boy or a girl? I maintain that this is kind of heinous in the eyes of future parents. A legal door to it would lift the responsibility, ethically speaking

MBTI
    intp

^I dunno about that..... how many couples out there do you think are comfortable aborting a child because its a boy or a girl? I maintain that this is kind of heinous in the eyes of future parents. A legal door to it would lift the responsibility, ethically speaking
    You think declaring legality would magically make an act large swathes of people deem heinous into something non-heinous and routine? Wow.

MBTI
    Hype

yes, its called diffusion of responsibility. You should look it up. might learn something

MBTI
    ISTJ

You think declaring legality would magically make an act large swathes of people deem heinous into something non-heinous and routine? Wow.
    It sure can help. Personally, I think if abortion is legal then gender selection is just the logical next step. Disgusting, but logical.

On a side note, my mom and many of my friends have known almost immediately when they got pregnant - my mom starting choking on toothpaste every time, one of my friends has interesting cravings start right away, and overall it seems like most women I know have known in a couple weeks, before they take the test.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Plato