User Tag List

First 234

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Oh no look out.. A strongly worded letter may end up being written!.. Fear the UN's letters of displeasure!
    +1000

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    How is it determined what a terrorist group is?
    When this group targets civilians as their primary objective.

The LTTE probably was amongst the worst terrorist groups in the world, if not the worst, committing dozens of suicide bombings that would even make some militants of the Hamas or Al Qaida look like amateurs. As a matter of fact, they inspired the latter.
    We owe the LTTE more than half of the reported victims of suicide bombings committed between 1980 and 2000.

For instance, who remembers the Janadipathi Mawatha killing? 91 deads, more than 1400 injured!
    They even tried to destroy the Sri Dalada Maligawa, one of the most beautiful architectural wonder of Sri Lanka, a cultural heritage site recognised by the UNESCO!

They used women and children to blow up amongst refugees camps, hotels, trains, buddhist temples, and even hospitals. They ruthlessly enlisted children (less than 18 years old teens, some as young as 13 years old) in their so-called army.

So frankly, I won't even drop a single tear now that these criminals are defeated.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ESFJ

Yeah, I hope they are gone for good. I am half-Irish ethnically, and I wish that Ireland were united, but my distant relatives in the IRA were terrorists. No two ways about it. The English may be assholes, but we can't resort to blowing people up when we're pissed off.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

QUOTE:

Two hours before the announcement (announcing LTTE Chief Prabhakaran's body had been located), the Sri Lankan President, in an address to Parliament, said the island nation had been freed from the clutches of separatist terrorism and the need of the hour was to ensure full rights to the Tamils in the country, with a home grown solution acceptable to all. He made no reference to the LTTE chief.

“At this victorious moment, it is necessary for us to state with great responsibility that we do not accept a military solution as the final solution …the responsibility that we accept after freeing the Tamil people from the LTTE is a responsibility that no government in the history of Sri Lanka has accepted.

“It is necessary that we give these [Tamil] people the freedoms that are the right of people in all other parts of the country. Similarly, it is necessary that the political solutions they need should be brought closer to them faster than any country or government in the world would bring. However, it cannot be an imported solution. It is necessary that we find a solution that is our very own. It should be a solution acceptable to all sections of the people,” he told Parliament.

[I'm very interested in seeing what this indigenous solution that promises greater rights for the Tamils will look like].

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    When this group targets civilians as their primary objective.

The LTTE probably was amongst the worst terrorist groups in the world, if not the worst, committing dozens of suicide bombings that would even make some militants of the Hamas or Al Qaida look like amateurs. As a matter of fact, they inspired the latter.
    We owe the LTTE more than half of the reported victims of suicide bombings committed between 1980 and 2000.

For instance, who remembers the Janadipathi Mawatha killing? 91 deads, more than 1400 injured!
    They even tried to destroy the Sri Dalada Maligawa, one of the most beautiful architectural wonder of Sri Lanka, a cultural heritage site recognised by the UNESCO!

They used women and children to blow up amongst refugees camps, hotels, trains, buddhist temples, and even hospitals. They ruthlessly enlisted children (less than 18 years old teens, some as young as 13 years old) in their so-called army.

So frankly, I won't even drop a single tear now that these criminals are defeated.
    some Westerners sympathizes terrorist groups. Most of them don't even know what is going on in a country suffering a civil war. They almost always put the blame on the government of the respective country and easily forget about the atrocities which are being done by the terror group.

but today i was shocked to see a European(i think) really understand a situation which is/has taken place in a country before pointing fingers.

I hope that people 'too' really understand/gig in to a situation before start pointing fingers.