User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Me? I'm never serious, but the military very much is....

And yes, he could get charged for this for the reasons I gave. If you know your shit like you seem to, then you know they can hammer anyone with the UCMJ for just about any reason they need. In this case, they COULD pursue it on the grounds that it is blatant disregard for combat situation. Wearing Pink undergarments unncessarily puts the soldier and those around him at risk because its visual stimulii is extraneous and hence salient in the environment they are in. (if this soldier was wearing Pink Boxers while at a gay pride parade, then he'd be "Tactical")

But hey, don't believe me and try to take some flourescent green and pink scivvie shirts with you the next time you're on a Marine Recon mission. I'm sure those boys will just love how you put their lives in jeoprody! Prolly even give you a few "love hugs" just for it

PS: Why does everyone always assume the arguments I spout are my own?!? SO AGGRAVATING!!!!
    The only negative issue at hand is that he wasn't dawned in proper uniform, geared for combat, i.e. boots, trousers and blouse. The color of his boxers is completely irrelevent and only humorous, hence the media taking a jab at the incident. The undershirt that he's wearing would be unauthorized as well yet unmentionable (I see that kind of stuff fly all the time out here). There's no argument on the underoos because the underoos aren't meant to be exposed.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

That's true, it's taboo to even talk about underoos in the military.... it might be sheleved for that reason alone

But honestly, how does that reflect on the appearance of your command? Your soldiers are known for sporting Pink undergarments while trying to fight the Taliban? CMonnnnnnn.... you know there are people sweating over this right now :P

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    That's true, it's taboo to even talk about underoos in the military.... it might be sheleved for that reason alone

But honestly, how does that reflect on the appearance of your command? Your soldiers are known for sporting Pink undergarments while trying to fight the Taliban? CMonnnnnnn.... you know there are people sweating over this right now :P
    Do I sense you harvest bitter sentiment towards the military? :p

No body cares what he's wearing underneath his clothes but now yes, people will be sweating because he wasn't wearing clothes. There's always a SNCO or officer sweating somewhere.

MBTI
    Hype

no doubt and no i dont, I just tell it like it is without any sugary stuff that a lot of guardians and "career military" types tend to add to their information

Banned

I think that red undershirt is why his boxers are pink...bad laundry practices I tell you!

MBTI
    NICE

Whatever happened to going commando?

MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Whatever happened to going commando?
    see, that's actually very tactical in many different ways.... but it's taboo for modern military soldiers to display teh bush junk

Maybe if they trimmed it to look like Abraham Lincoln like they did in Waiting.... then it'd be patriotic.

MBTI
    NICE

^No VPL either.

Ever seen Carry on Up The Khyber, Noz?

MBTI
    Hype

Can't say I have.... sounds like it's about "hiding the family soldier" ?

MBTI
    NICE

Far from it. In the film, the entire British military expedition in the region is compromised when the natives obtain a photograph of 3 Foot & Mouth with something under their kilts. I see parallels in this story.

Carry On... Up the Khyber - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia