First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    The story or the "he must be an INTP" post?
    I don't get it. What's the big deal? It's not like wearing pink boxers or less in combat situations is unusual or anything. On second thought, it's clearly because the media is homophobic.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

nah, I think it's cuz the visage of a soldier in just pink boxers walking around with an M-16 clashes with our schema of what's likely going on over there and what you'd likely see.

EIDT: (although that may be related to homophobia, too!)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    nah, I think it's cuz the visage of a soldier in pink boxers walking around with an M-16 clashes with our schema of what's likely going on over there and what you'd likely see.
    HOMOPHOBIA I TELL YOU!
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    I don't get it. What's the big deal? It's not like wearing pink boxers or less in combat situations is unusual or anything. On second thought, it's clearly because the media is homophobic.
    It's just awkward and out of place. I don't think the media sees it as such a big deal, but all I've seen of the story is that one article. The soldier will/has probably been reprimanded, but I think anything beyond that is excessive. If you're under attack, do what you gotta do... More power to him. In the words of Dane Cook, "Fuck shoes!"

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    HOMOPHOBIA I TELL YOU!
    Nah.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

I don't know whether to find it funny, heroic or dramatic...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Nah.
    Please?
    - Costrin

MBTI
    Hype

It's just awkward and out of place. I don't think the media sees it as such a big deal, but all I've seen of the story is that one article. The soldier will/has probably been reprimanded, but I think anything beyond that is excessive. If you're under attack, do what you gotta do... More power to him. In the words of Dane Cook, "Fuck shoes!"
    insufficient argument..... In theory, he shouldnt have had pink boxers there to begin with, as the mere presence of pink boxers in a combat zone is highly untactical. (they're ocmpletely useless; serve no function over standard issue gear.... and they STAND OUT visually, to boot! They wear Camo for a reason: it saves lives). Pink Boxers are a DELIBERATE oversight on the soldiers part..... it was intentional and flamboyant. Two things the military don't like seeing together.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    insufficient argument..... the mere presence of pink boxers in a combat zone is highly untactical. (they're ocmpletely useless; serve no function over standard issue gear). Pink Boxers are a DELIBERATE oversight on the soldiers part..... it was intentional.
    You serious, or are you being facetious in the hopes of creating an absurd debate?

For the record, there is no military issue under garments. If there is, it's not mandatory that you wear them. I wish I were wearing a pair of my more eccentric boxers or something to make a point, but alas, I've just got a generic pair of grey boxer-briefs on... Point is, I can wear whatever I want and I'm currently in a "combat zone".

How was that for sufficiency?

MBTI
    Hype

Me? I'm never serious, but the military very much is....

And yes, he could get charged for this for the reasons I gave. If you know your shit like you seem to, then you know they can hammer anyone with the UCMJ for just about any reason they need. In this case, they COULD pursue it on the grounds that it is blatant disregard for combat situation. Wearing Pink undergarments unncessarily puts the soldier and those around him at risk because its visual stimulii is extraneous and hence salient in the environment they are in. (if this soldier was wearing Pink Boxers while at a gay pride parade, then he'd be "Tactical").

I'm not saying he WILL get charged, but he is going to get some serious backflack for this. That's all...

But hey, don't believe me and try to take some flourescent green and pink scivvies with you the next time you're on a Marine Recon mission. I'm sure those boys will just love how you put their lives in jeoprody! Prolly even give you a few "love hugs" just for it

PS: Why does everyone always assume the arguments I spout are my own?!? SO AGGRAVATING!!!!