User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Those people are called potheads. They'll also talk your ear off about how hemp makes awesome soap and will solve the energy supply problem.

Do you smoke weed? Just yes or no, please.

I'd respect potheads so much more if they just said, "Hey, bro. I just love love love to get high."
    Sure, I'll answer your question, but being that I don't respect your attempt to put words in my mouth about who I am if I answer yes, I will not comply to your demand for a simple yes or no answer.

Yes, I smoke pot. The last time I smoked it was nearly 4 weeks ago. I like smoking pot every once in a while. It is a relaxing good time and I become fun and creative. I could give a fuck about hemp.

MBTI
    INTP

Also, you must not have watched the show I posted. It is about how the war on drugs fails, encourages more crime, wastes money, and is a lie.

And the host, Penn, has never touched a single drug including alcohol in his life.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    Also, you must not have watched the show I posted. It is about how the war on drugs fails, encourages more crime, wastes money, and is a lie.

And the host, Penn, has never touched a single drug including alcohol in his life.
    Yea, yea. Try living in a lawless country where everything is legal. It's chaos.

Sorry, I'm not going to take life advice from a fucking magician.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTP

And since as I continue to think about it the more problems I have with it, these you speak of require enforcement. The problem is that drugs are not going away, with or without the laws, and no matter how hard you try, you won't be able to stigmatize drugs to the point where everyone is brainwashed convinced that they are bad.

Even if we assume that alcohol, for example, is PURELY, UNQUESTIONABLY bad and immoral, we found out in the 20s that outlawing it created a whole lot more crime and violence and did nothing to stop people from drinking it.

Are your laws doing more harm than good? Believe it or not, people resent laws they don't believe in and readily break them without thinking twice.

MBTI
    INTP

Yea, yea. Try living in a lawless country where everything is legal. It's chaos.

Fine. Don't listen to his words. Don't even consider giving them a thought. He's just a fuckin magician. Or are you afraid you're going to see his point?

You've taken this to absurd proportions. I never said there should be no laws. I said drugs shouldn't be illegal. STOP putting words in my mouth, that pisses me off.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Those people are called potheads. They'll also talk your ear off about how hemp makes awesome soap and will solve the energy supply problem.

Do you smoke weed? Just yes or no, please.

I'd respect potheads so much more if they just said, "Hey, bro. I just love love love to get high."

I don't smoke weed (anymore), but I really loved getting high. There is nothing wrong with that. However, hemp actually has some great uses. Paper, especially. It would be nice if we did not have to chop down trees that provide oxygen to make paper.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ESFJ

Actually, they decriminalized all drugs in Portugal in 2001, and levels of use have remained steady, while drug overdoses, infections, and deaths due to tainted drugs have fallen significantly. It's been a major success.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Actually, they decriminalized all drugs in Portugal in 2001, and levels of use have remained steady, while drug overdoses, infections, and deaths due to tainted drugs have fallen significantly. It's been a major success.
    VERY interesting. I did not know that. I'm looking up articles about it right now.

MBTI
    ENTP

Are your laws doing more harm than good? Believe it or not, people resent laws they don't believe in and readily break them without thinking twice.
    This is probably the best point you've made. Everything else is cliche pothead whining. Smoke the shit already. It's not that difficult to acquire.

It's a good question though and I think it's a chicken or egg thing. Do people resent the laws because our culture has become decadent? Or, do they resent the laws because they resent the imposition on their freedom? Most normal people avoid drug use, so I doubt they resent the laws.

Though, can you impose morality on a culture that has become decadent and immoral? Where should we lead? With our morality or with our laws? The laws ultimately should reflect the prevailing morality, but what if the prevailing moral atmosphere is decadent as I suggested? I don't know the answer, but it is a problem. You do have to promote morality and ethics or laws will be insufficient. Good point.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ESFJ

VERY interesting. I did not know that. I'm looking up articles about it right now.
    "Drug Decriminalization in Portugal: Lessons for Creating Fair and Successful Drug Policies" by Glenn Greenwald (Cato Institute: White Paper)

You can read the entire text at Cato's website.