User Tag List

First 3745464748 Last

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post

And so do the tobacco and alcohol companies, who don't want to give up any legal substance market share, of course.
    Who do you think would be most likely to pick up the task of growing and distributing marijuana?!? They have all the experience, equipment, and capital necessary..... so, I don't think its losing market share for those reasons......

I think the problem might be marijuana's autonomy and capacity as a "stand-alone, self-propelling" substance. tobacco is still pretty difficult to grow and process, but weed, well.... they call it weed for that reason- itll grow anywhere. Legalize it, and tons of ex-tobacco smokers will seen converting to homegrown weed.

Then again, i don't even know..... how difficult is it to grow and process your own tobacco, anyway? I know some of the wives tales about home grown weed are true, but tobacco? anyone ever done it?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Who do you think would be most likely to pick up the task of growing and distributing marijuana?!? They have all the experience, equipment, and capital necessary..... so, I don't think its losing market share for those reasons......

I think the problem might be marijuana's autonomy and capacity as a "stand-alone, self-propelling" substance. tobacco is still pretty difficult to grow and process, but weed, well.... they call it weed for that reason- itll grow anywhere. Legalize it, and tons of ex-tobacco smokers will seen converting to homegrown weed.

Then again, i don't even know..... how difficult is it to grow and process your own tobacco, anyway? I know some of the wives tales about home grown weed are true, but tobacco? anyone ever done it?
    Tobacco is notoriously hard to grow, and its Nicotine content is poisonous in its natural state. It wouldn't be cost effective to grow only personal amounts of tobacco, at least from my understanding.

MBTI
    YaYa

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post

Have you ever tried growing pot? Not easy. Actually kind of hard for the aspiring teenager.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Weed is fairly simple to grow, compared to other common garden plants. That's why it's called weed.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    Weed is fairly simple to grow, compared to other common garden plants. That's why it's called weed.

According to some friends of mine, it's not too bad. You need tons of light, though, so be prepared to invest in some serious grow lights and to have a suspiciously high electric bill.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    According to some friends of mine, it's not too bad. You need tons of light, though, so be prepared to invest in some serious grow lights and to have a suspiciously high electric bill.
    The viable alternative to common high-pressure vapor lamps is now available in your local grocery store: compact flourescent lights. Low energy usage, low heat output.. this means they can be stuck anywhere. They come in different spectrums, too!

Flourescents were always the favorite of my horticulture teacher in high school because of their simplicity.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    The viable alternative to common high-pressure vapor lamps is now available in your local grocery store: compact flourescent lights. Low energy usage, low heat output.. this means they can be stuck anywhere. They come in different spectrums, too!

Flourescents were always the favorite of my horticulture teacher in high school because of their simplicity.

What a "green" solution! Oh, I kill myself. . .
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Indoor growing can be a challenge, but the enterprising teen could find a way to do so. Provided they have the money to do so. There are numerous costs, besides electricity. More so if you're growing hydroponically, considering the chemicals, machines, grow lights, and timing systems.

However, that being said, it is quite possible. Good way to make some money down the line, if you're willing to take the risks involved.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    led lights are also being developed for growing plants. The beauty with leds is that you can focus their light color output in manufacturing. They are not at the same intensity as high pressure sodium, but much more efficient, produce less heat, and last longer. They are also enviromentally less of an impact than fluorescent.

Lighting everywhere might eventually switch to led. It is already happening in many industries, including car headlamps, concert lights, etc.

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

I personally see no usage for a war on drugs. The governemnt could do a lot with $20 billion. That's enough to buy nukes and B2 Stealth Bombers. We culd eb fighting real problems like terrorism and poverty with the cash that we use to stop some lackey from burning a plant in a bathroom. We could tax drugs and make a huge amount of money. Alcohol kills a huge number of people, yet people dismiss anti booze people as crazy. A guy says he rejects drugs, and everyone goes behind him. Booze is deadlier than pot, yet pot is hated more. There is so much illogical arguement agaisnt drugs. At least implement a control process or tax the damn things Even at a four percent tax, you're looking at at least a billion dollars in revenue.