User Tag List

First 364445464748 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

people'd want good quality stuff though.. i doubt most people would convert their basements into hydroponic grow ops...if they did try and grow their own with bagseed, they'd likely be disappointed and end up just paying for it anyway (like they do now).

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

^ Quite true. I wonder how long it is now until it is legalized.

They have to be seeing that they are losing this who argument.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Do you mean trip when you take the drug or when you trip randomly from the drug continuing to stay in your body?
    Neither. Most serotonergic psychedelics don't remain in your body for long, and don't have long term effect in mental health or addictive behaviour. On the other hand, how you exit a trip is still heavily depending on how you enter it. If you're a neurotic psycho you are bound to do something stupid. If you are very insecure about yourself or are constantly afraid of something you will get into a bad trip. The memories of these things and their after-effects can be quite devastating. If you are not careful you have a great chance of hurting yourself mentally or physically.

Additionally I think that if you use these types of drugs as a form of flight behaviour to get away from your problems you may find that you use them increasingly more often. Psychedelics, though they may give you some interesting insight, will not productively help to solve your problems.

DEA list on drugs and their physical effects.

In this case I'm mostly speaking about Serotonergic psychedelics.

Article on Peyote.
    Wiki entry on the effects of shrooms.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

^ I know they don't solve problems.

Then again, I am highly against any form of dependency, physical or otherwise, like drugs.
    People will still resort to drinking to escape reality.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

^ I know they don't solve problems.

Then again, I am highly against any form of dependency, physical or otherwise, like drugs.
    People will still resort to drinking to escape reality.
    Just as people will smoke, snort, eat, inject to escape reality. Everyone has something that allows them to go beyond their daily routine, even if intoxication isn't your thing. These escapist and hedonistic impulses affect us all in some way.

MBTI
    SEXY

I would support the distinction between hard and soft drugs. As you can see on the chart some legal things are considerably more dangerous then other illegal ones.

I once found this awesome study on different kinds of drugs and the impact on society they have, conclusion. Alcohol is by far the biggest problem right in any society. I'll see if I can find the rapport.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    people'd want good quality stuff though.. i doubt most people would convert their basements into hydroponic grow ops...if they did try and grow their own with bagseed, they'd likely be disappointed and end up just paying for it anyway (like they do now).
    If one knows what they are doing, they dont need to use up their entire basement to grow enough for personal consumption. Besides, more persoanl growing might result in more tax revenue for the supplies needed to grow. It might be the inner hippie in me talking, but society learnign to grow its own consumables might generate more interest in more locally grown crops of produce.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I had thought about all of those things, but don't the powerful crime leaders have connections to the other big businesses, enabling them more power if their product was legally manufactured? I am sure that many big businesses have these connections to these organized crime leaders, and the thing with these people are they are not afraid to kill their competition.

I think there is only a theoretical line dividing crime and any big business, legal or not, but that it actually melds together sometime along the way.
    The prices of illicit substances are still artificially driven up far beyond what they would be if they were legal. Even with connections to legitimate business, drug kingpins stand to lose a tremendous amount of money from the legalization of marijuana.

And so do the tobacco and alcohol companies, who don't want to give up any legal substance market share, of course.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    SEXY

I like the alcohol and tobacco companies argument. I never even considered them when thinking about this problem.

I don't think it's very valid however. You still need tobacco to smoke your weed with, and marijuana tastes best with a cold beer served on the side.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'd like some mushroom tea please...why can't i go to a lil cafe and have some with a friend? i'd like that.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison