First 344243444546 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Damned View Post
    That would be a psychological phenomenon. Acid flash-backs aren't a trip, they're more of a return to the same emotional state you had while tripping. For myself, at least, I've never had a flash-back in which I could say that I was high, its more of the overpowering memory of that time I got Really, REALLY high.

As for the other members of the psychedelic family, they aren't known to have the same randomness of an acid flash-back, if they induce flashbacks at all. I've never heard of such things, so take that as you will.

Odd. I have always heard that acid trips can occur from staying in your body after taking them. I had heard that they may or may not neccessarily make you trip in the future.

I can say that the information I have recieved is very possibly wrong, being that I have never taken acid or any other psychedelics, so I will take your word.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I think more effort and resources should be used to combat crude methods of producing meth, not the alternative of legalizing it. What would decriminializing it do? It would still be illegal to be in possession of/over a set amount, an amount that most dealers would excede. How would decriminalizing it promote different ways to create it? The cheap/easy way is to do it using those crude methods and that's the catch, decrim-ing would do little to change that.

Extreme uppers don't have legitimate use, unless assessed and concluded by a medical official that that is the case.
    Good point. Decriminalizing wouldn't push the market for meth above-ground, where it could be regulated by public health and anti-fraud regulatory agencies. It would take legalization for that to happen. But, Decriminalization has its merits, at least as a temporary solution. Crystal Meth's popularity was mostly inspired by the fact you could make it from household or easily acquired materials, when other substances had been driven out of the market by government officials and law enforcement.

Something to consider with the legalization of "hard drugs", is that people tend to move down the scale of dangerous substances when safer options present themselves. People will get fucked up on whatever they can, and when safer substances aren't there, their only choice might be the really dangerous one.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Odd. I have always heard that acid trips can occur from staying in your body after taking them. I had heard that they may or may not neccessarily make you trip in the future.

I can say that the information I have recieved is very possibly wrong, being that I have never taken acid or any other psychedelics, so I will take your word.
    Well, I know at least a few people whom have taken very large amounts of LSD for extended periods, and never had a flashback at any point. As well, LSD is actually a rather fragile substance. Frequently, it doesn't stay in the body more than a few hours after the trip has finished. LSD is very sensitive to heat, light, and pressure. It can be destroyed by just shaking it.

The flashback thing is not universal. Some have them and some don't.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Well, I am guessing that I have been misinformed, either out of sincere ignorance or out of an attempt to try and scare me into never taking the drug.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Misinformation is at the heart of the Anti-drug movement. Its easier to fear and hate something that you don't know a great deal about. Without it, people might see what the government is actually trying to do and resist.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Well, that is absolutely ridiculous.

Why would the government try so hard to resist if the information is actually false?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

sorry, my mistake. Proper wording doesn't always come to me as often as I would like.

What I meant to say was, if people were educated in psychoactive substances and their effects, they would see through the scare-tactics. If they did that, they would realize what that the War on Drugs is merely a war on them, a war on their rights as individuals.
    If people remain ignorant to their effects, then Drugs and the people who use them become bogeymen. Something a government could use to curtail personal freedom and gain greater power.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Oh alright. It is fine.

Who do you think will win this war? The public or the government?

Well, the public that supports the drugs I should say.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I think eventually that the public will triumph, at least for the recreational use of psychoactive drugs. Thanks to the current economic and financial turmoil, more and more people are realizing that drug prohibition is not sustainable or effective. Much better results could be achieved through a legal, regulated market for psychoactive substances. They're questioning if they really want to throw even more of their money towards a failed social experiment. Politicians can't hide from these facts forever.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I know that is a major point behind the legalization of marijuana, because people believe it can help our economy. A lot of money goes toward the enforcement of stopping marijuana, when we could probably gain money by legalizing it.

Like I mentioned earlier, marijuana is much more desirable than heavy drinking.