First 334142434445 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    On a side note, a lot pof psychedelic drugs are not physically addictive. In fact, your body build antidotes to them and they will only make you trip once every couple of weeks.

Do you mean trip when you take the drug or when you trip randomly from the drug continuing to stay in your body?

Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Damned View Post
    Agreed

You can't stop people from getting intoxicated, but you can get them to do it a much safer way.

The whole problem with the drug war isn't that its a public health/order but because its a complete power play. It gives governments an excellent excuse to seize greater powers domestically and enforce and expand their influence aboard. Its a wedge issue, a way to get the electorate to surrender its own rights of their own will. You can argue about the morality of recreational drug use all you want, but that's not what Drug Prohibition is about. Its about strengthening government control over its populace.
    We seem to do well with agreeing. I may only be looking at this in a shortsighted manner, and it is probably deeper than this, but when the government excercises their control over the population, they also can excersise power over the multiple ties with the drugs, controlling how much power they have, and getting other things out of these connections.

Whatever the reason, drugs are there, and it is not changing. We need to stop trying to avoid the issue by creating more problems, ones the public can only guess at, and start addressing them and making it safer, both the moderation of intake as well as who can, and the quality.

MBTI
    ISTx

meth should never be lagalized, under any circumstances.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    meth should never be lagalized, under any circumstances.

Doctors prescribe meth every day. It's called Desoxyn and it's used for severe ADHD.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTx

*uncontrolled, unregulated meth for the purpose of getting high should never be legalized, under any circumstances.

MBTI
    ESFJ

*uncontrolled, unregulated meth for the purpose of getting high should never be legalized, under any circumstances.

Couldn't they legalize/decriminalize the meth and make it so it's no longer shit scraped together from cold medicine and batteries, cooked up in trailers? Uppers have legitimate uses in daily life.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Couldn't they legalize/decriminalize the meth and make it so it's no longer shit scraped together from cold medicine and batteries, cooked up in trailers? Uppers have legitimate uses in daily life.
    I think more effort and resources should be used to combat crude methods of producing meth, not the alternative of legalizing it. What would decriminializing it do? It would still be illegal to be in possession of/over a set amount, an amount that most dealers would excede. How would decriminalizing it promote different ways to create it? The cheap/easy way is to do it using those crude methods and that's the catch, decrim-ing would do little to change that.

Extreme uppers don't have legitimate use, unless assessed and concluded by a medical official that that is the case.

MBTI
    ENTP

I think more effort and resources should be used to combat crude methods of producing meth, not the alternative of legalizing it. What would decriminializing it do? It would still be illegal to be in possession of/over a set amount, an amount that most dealers would excede. How would decriminalizing it promote different ways to create it? The cheap/easy way is to do it using those crude methods and that's the catch, decrim-ing would do little to change that.

Extreme uppers don't have legitimate use, unless assessed and concluded by a medical official that that is the case.
    isnt that why the drug war has been such a failure? legalize and regulate, and you eliminate crude manufacturing altogether.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Do you mean trip when you take the drug or when you trip randomly from the drug continuing to stay in your body?
    randomly trip, what kind of nonsense is that?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by dga View Post
    randomly trip, what kind of nonsense is that?

It isn't nonsense. Acid stays in your body long after you use it and people have been known to trip years after taking it.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    It isn't nonsense. Acid stays in your body long after you use it and people have been known to trip years after taking it.
    That would be a psychological phenomenon. Acid flash-backs aren't a trip, they're more of a return to the same emotional state you had while tripping. For myself, at least, I've never had a flash-back in which I could say that I was high, its more of the overpowering memory of that time I got Really, REALLY high.

As for the other members of the psychedelic family, they aren't known to have the same randomness of an acid flash-back, if they induce flashbacks at all. I've never heard of such things, so take that as you will.