User Tag List

First 324041424344 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Damned View Post
    Keep morality out of our damn government.
    Drugs is an excuse for the building of a police state.
    If they can tell you what you can and cannot ingest, they tell what to wear. What to say.Where to go. What to think.

No Government should be able to make these decisions, morality be damned.
    And if you don't like drugs, then don't fucking do them. Simple as that.
    You're an ENFP.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Drug abuse encourages criminality, even where legal.
    That has been shown to be false in Portugal.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    SEXY

Drug abuse encourages criminality, even where legal.
    I can't fully deny that, but as a simple search on Google Scholar points out it oblivious to think that illegalizing drugs will contribute much to solving related problems.

Sense and Nonsense About Crime and Drugs: A Policy Guide; Third Edition

Drugs Misuse and the Criminal Justice System: A Review of the Literature

Dynamics of the
    Drug-Crime
    Relationship

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

You're an ENFP.
    nah, I'm just an ENTP whose is in touch with his feelings.

MBTI
    ISFJ

You're an ENFP.
    Said the pot to the kettle.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I don't think I can neccessarily say with I fully want the legalization or continuation of the illegalization of drugs. But I can look at it.

Whether or not we legalize drugs, people are going to get their hands on them, and it may or may not mess up their lives.

I just as in favor of marijuana over alcohol, because I do not believe the effects of marijuana are as dangerous as that of heavy drinking. I don't think alcohol should be illegal, but there are moderations put on alcohol consumption, as there would be should marijuana be legalized.

However, some drugs, such as meth, are incredibly unappealing for what they do to your mind, and your body, and those shouldn't be legalized.

Another key difference in drugs being legal or illegal are who has greater control over the drugs coming in, coming out, the moderation, and the production.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I would say that the greater the danger a substance poses, the greater the imperative for legalization. This has probably been mentioned before, but under a legal system, you can at least ensure quality controls for it.

Alcohol stands a great example. It is a toxic substance, but is made less so thanks to safety and health regulations. Same would apply for so-called "hard drugs" like Heroin and Crystal Meth. You can't stop people from using, but you CAN stop people from taking shit made in a trailer's bathroom.

As a side note, I dislike the term "drugs". Its so unscientific and general, when its only a few chemical families that are controlled substances.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Damned View Post
    As a side note, I dislike the term "drugs". Its so unscientific and general, when its only a few chemical families that are controlled substances.
    Agreed.

Legalization of certain "chemical families", but with regulations inflicted upon, sounds much better than letting the people control the intake and production.

Look at when people resorted to moonshine. The quality had a good chance of being poor to an extent of lethalness that surpassed that of if the alcohol were of good substance in the first place.

I still stand by meth (and others) having an extreme control on it, if ever being legalized. I think this because even if you legalized it and controlled the quality and how much you could take, people can and still will get addicted and when they can't legally get it, they will do whatever it takes to get it.

MBTI
    SEXY

On a side note, a lot pof psychedelic drugs are not physically addictive. In fact, your body build antidotes to them and they will only make you trip once every couple of weeks.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Agreed.

Legalization of certain "chemical families", but with regulations inflicted upon, sounds much better than letting the people control the intake and production.

Look at when people resorted to moonshine. The quality had a good chance of being poor to an extent of lethalness that surpassed that of if the alcohol were of good substance in the first place.

I still stand by meth (and others) having an extreme control on it, if ever being legalized. I think this because even if you legalized it and controlled the quality and how much you could take, people can and still will get addicted and when they can't legally get it, they will do whatever it takes to get it.
    Agreed

You can't stop people from getting intoxicated, but you can get them to do it a much safer way.

The whole problem with the drug war isn't that its a public health/order but because its a complete power play. It gives governments an excellent excuse to seize greater powers domestically and enforce and expand their influence aboard. Its a wedge issue, a way to get the electorate to surrender its own rights of their own will. You can argue about the morality of recreational drug use all you want, but that's not what Drug Prohibition is about. Its about strengthening government control over its populace.