User Tag List

First 313940414243 Last

MBTI
    INTP

This is not a part of my argument, but it is great anyway

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUvEZ-4lmr8&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUvEZ-4lmr8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Zago are you going to be a druggie for the rest of your life?

Do you want your kids to take drugs too?
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    Zago are you going to be a druggie for the rest of your life?

Do you want your kids to take drugs too?
    Ignorance.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I've been pretty much an addict to many substances at one point in my life, I've been a on and off smoker here and there. I find that addiction is like a variable.

At one point when I wanted to stop every drug there was, and fully supported that idea. I had no trouble quitting and had almost no withdrawel symptoms. I started eating a somewhat more and sometimes be a bit edgy for a while to other people. But it wasn't really like my body needed it, but more that my mind needed to go into an old habit just for the sake of it being habit.

At the time I stopped smoking as well, a year later however my opinion about quitting wasn't as extreme however, I occasionally drink a glass, at most two, of whatever alcohol now sometimes. (Like once a month :P ). And I've been an on and off smoker, because I don't really care about smoking. I find that I am mostly influenced by the people around me. For example, last year I met a girl and we started dating, she was a non smoker. I just layed off the cigarettes, and had no trouble doing so. I didn't miss it or anything. After the relationship ended, I just as easily however took up smoking again. It's a force of habit.

It's also very oppertunistic.

Put me in a non smoking area, or drive a car in which I can't smoke for hours on end and for the entire duration of that time, I will not crave a cigarette. BUT! The moment I would step out of the car, I'm suddenly like, mmh, a cigarette would be nice. Addicted? I think so, but mostly mentally. Physically I have never seem dependant much at all on any form of drug.

The main idea of why I smoke is that it can relax me greatly. Taking 5 for a smoke at intervals in a day is very soothing. When I stop smoking I live in a very dash crash and burn state. I just keep doing whatever I am doing until I get tired or have to stop. I find myself incapable of taking the time for taking breaks. But when I smoke I do find the time.

I've since realised I will only be able to quit smoking if there is someone in my life important and close to me that wishes it. Because I don't care about quitting when there isn't. But that the addiction is more mentally (force of habit) than physical need.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

well it's official then. i am brainwashed.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    well it's official then. i am brainwashed.
    Acceptance is the first step to recovery.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Lasting_Pain

Drugs(at least weed) will be legal within the next 15 years.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    Drugs(at least weed) will be legal within the next 15 years.
    Hmm, over here in Holland we currently have a fairly conservative government who in December 2008 outlawed magic mushrooms, and have mentioned that they want to illegalize marijuana as well. Were we for thirty years by far the most liberal nation in the world, nowadays the government is trying more and more to get us to fit a "socially acceptable" norm, not in the last place because of the christian believes of those in charge and pressure from other European countries.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Keep morality out of our damn government.
    Drugs is an excuse for the building of a police state.
    If they can tell you what you can and cannot ingest, they tell what to wear. What to say.Where to go. What to think.

No Government should be able to make these decisions, morality be damned.
    And if you don't like drugs, then don't fucking do them. Simple as that.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Hmm, over here in Holland we currently have a fairly conservative government who in December 2008 outlawed magic mushrooms, and have mentioned that they want to illegalize marijuana as well. Were we for thirty years by far the most liberal nation in the world, nowadays the government is trying more and more to get us to fit a "socially acceptable" norm, not in the last place because of the christian believes of those in charge and pressure from other European countries.
    Drug abuse encourages criminality, even where legal.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."