User Tag List

First 25333435363745 Last

Results 341 to 350 of 472

  1. #341
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    1. Almost a month ago
    2. No
    3. Don't have one
    4. Libertarian if anything. That doesn't have a big effect on my thinking, though. I don't often think about politics.
    As someone who has a philosophical problem with drug abuse, how can I take your position seriously if you use?

    To me this means you are compromised by your desire to enjoy marijuana. I hope you can at least acknowledge this. It would be like letting big pharma determine health policy or FDA policy.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  2. #342
    Senior Member zago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    And as an afterthought, I think that post really shows how often you jump to conclusions. You think all of those things. You think my parents were overly authoritarian. And you have a ton of pre-conceived notions about "potheads."

    The only generalization that I can think of that I've said of your side is that you're brainwashed. I haven't assumed anything, really, about your personal life, while you've assumed many things about mine.

  3. #343
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    And as an afterthought, I think that post really shows how often you jump to conclusions. You think all of those things. You think my parents were overly authoritarian. And you have a ton of pre-conceived notions about "potheads."

    The only generalization that I can think of that I've said of your side is that you're brainwashed. I haven't assumed anything, really, about your personal life, while you've assumed many things about mine.
    We all assume. I'm just less tacit and more explicit. I like the direct approach.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  4. #344
    Senior Member zago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    As someone who has a philosophical problem with drug abuse, how can I take your position seriously if you use?

    To me this means you are compromised by your desire to enjoy marijuana. I hope you can at least acknowledge this. It would be like letting big pharma determine health policy or FDA policy.
    Rofl. Did you remember to direct that back at yourself? You have a philosophical problem with drug "abuse." Your wanting drugs to be illegal, coupled with your philosophical problem with drug users, puts you in the same place as me.

  5. #345
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    ^ Don't you hate that?

    I've never seen so many cases of ridiculous overconfidence in ability to read specific details about the thoughts, feelings, motivations and personal lives of others as on this ridiculous little message board.

    And now apparently you can't reasonably support civil liberties regarding any particular liberties that you personally enjoy, or you're biased, even if your position is objectively logical.

    Wow. I've seen some bad argument lines, but that one takes the cake.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  6. #346
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    Rofl. Did you remember to direct that back at yourself? You have a philosophical problem with drug "abuse." Your wanting drugs to be illegal, coupled with your philosophical problem with drug users, puts you in the same place as me.
    Sure, except I don't use drugs and drugs are illegal and harmful.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  7. #347
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    As someone who has a philosophical problem with drug abuse, how can I take your position seriously if you use?

    To me this means you are compromised by your desire to enjoy marijuana. I hope you can at least acknowledge this. It would be like letting big pharma determine health policy or FDA policy.
    I don't use drugs. The last time I did was roughly twenty 15-20 years ago, and I was never an addict. Don't even like them, I find them boring. Nevertheless, I fully support legalization .

  8. #348
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    As someone who has a philosophical problem with drug abuse, how can I take your position seriously if you use?

    To me this means you are compromised by your desire to enjoy marijuana. I hope you can at least acknowledge this. It would be like letting big pharma determine health policy or FDA policy.
    This is totally ridiculous. How would you, as someone who is totally anti-illicit substances and ostensibly has never done them, have a better handle on things than people who have done them? I know more about drugs than you ever will; why is MY opinion suspect? I am an expert, and you are ignorant. How can you hold your opinion to be worthier of serious contemplation?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  9. #349
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    This is totally ridiculous. How would you, as someone who is totally anti-illicit substances and ostensibly has never done them, have a better handle on things than people who have done them? I know more about drugs than you ever will; why is MY opinion suspect? I am an expert, and you are ignorant. How can you hold your opinion to be worthier of serious contemplation?
    Who says I have never done drugs or alcohol? Who says I do not know people who are addicted to drugs and alcohol? I am no babe in the woods. Even this exercise here shows me the pernicious effects of drugs and alcohol on controlling people's opinions.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  10. #350
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    In my opinion, and from experience. Drugs are bad.

    Do not use alone or without supervision, specifically when experimenting with new substances.

    :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Similar Threads

  1. If you'd liked to be typed . . .
    By amerellis in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 336
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 12:32 AM
  2. Post a book you think everyone should read and say why
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 10:21 AM
  3. Funny the way it is, if you think about it ~
    By BoChelly in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 07:33 AM
  4. Which kind of function use do you think this might be?
    By Halfjillhalfjack in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 09:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO