User Tag List

First 25333435363745 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    1. Almost a month ago
    2. No
    3. Don't have one
    4. Libertarian if anything. That doesn't have a big effect on my thinking, though. I don't often think about politics.
    As someone who has a philosophical problem with drug abuse, how can I take your position seriously if you use?

To me this means you are compromised by your desire to enjoy marijuana. I hope you can at least acknowledge this. It would be like letting big pharma determine health policy or FDA policy.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTP

And as an afterthought, I think that post really shows how often you jump to conclusions. You think all of those things. You think my parents were overly authoritarian. And you have a ton of pre-conceived notions about "potheads."

The only generalization that I can think of that I've said of your side is that you're brainwashed. I haven't assumed anything, really, about your personal life, while you've assumed many things about mine.

MBTI
    ENTP

And as an afterthought, I think that post really shows how often you jump to conclusions. You think all of those things. You think my parents were overly authoritarian. And you have a ton of pre-conceived notions about "potheads."

The only generalization that I can think of that I've said of your side is that you're brainwashed. I haven't assumed anything, really, about your personal life, while you've assumed many things about mine.
    We all assume. I'm just less tacit and more explicit. I like the direct approach.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    As someone who has a philosophical problem with drug abuse, how can I take your position seriously if you use?

To me this means you are compromised by your desire to enjoy marijuana. I hope you can at least acknowledge this. It would be like letting big pharma determine health policy or FDA policy.
    Rofl. Did you remember to direct that back at yourself? You have a philosophical problem with drug "abuse." Your wanting drugs to be illegal, coupled with your philosophical problem with drug users, puts you in the same place as me.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Don't you hate that?

I've never seen so many cases of ridiculous overconfidence in ability to read specific details about the thoughts, feelings, motivations and personal lives of others as on this ridiculous little message board.

And now apparently you can't reasonably support civil liberties regarding any particular liberties that you personally enjoy, or you're biased, even if your position is objectively logical.

Wow. I've seen some bad argument lines, but that one takes the cake.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP

Rofl. Did you remember to direct that back at yourself? You have a philosophical problem with drug "abuse." Your wanting drugs to be illegal, coupled with your philosophical problem with drug users, puts you in the same place as me.
    Sure, except I don't use drugs and drugs are illegal and harmful.

Banned

I don't use drugs. The last time I did was roughly twenty 15-20 years ago, and I was never an addict. Don't even like them, I find them boring. Nevertheless, I fully support legalization .

MBTI
    ESFJ

This is totally ridiculous. How would you, as someone who is totally anti-illicit substances and ostensibly has never done them, have a better handle on things than people who have done them? I know more about drugs than you ever will; why is MY opinion suspect? I am an expert, and you are ignorant. How can you hold your opinion to be worthier of serious contemplation?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    This is totally ridiculous. How would you, as someone who is totally anti-illicit substances and ostensibly has never done them, have a better handle on things than people who have done them? I know more about drugs than you ever will; why is MY opinion suspect? I am an expert, and you are ignorant. How can you hold your opinion to be worthier of serious contemplation?
    Who says I have never done drugs or alcohol? Who says I do not know people who are addicted to drugs and alcohol? I am no babe in the woods. Even this exercise here shows me the pernicious effects of drugs and alcohol on controlling people's opinions.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

In my opinion, and from experience. Drugs are bad.

Do not use alone or without supervision, specifically when experimenting with new substances.

:P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf