User Tag List

First 23313233343543 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Everyone check out INTP and ESFJ agreeing on the two posts above.

That's...beautiful.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ Everyone check out INTP and ESFJ agreeing on the two posts above.

That's...beautiful.
    Well, that's because Synarch was just trolling.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Well, that's because Synarch was just trolling.
    We don't live in a free society. Society, by definition, places so many limits on what you think of as freedom that freedom itself is an illusion that serves the emotional needs of children. Liberty is a more appropriate word.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    We don't live in a free society. Society, by definition, places so many limits on what you think of as freedom that freedom itself is an illusion that serves the emotional needs of children. Liberty is a more appropriate word.
    Semantic bullshit. I stand behind my previous statement.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Are those of you in favor of legalizing drugs also in favor of lowering the drinking age from 21 to 18?? Or would using drugs start at 18 for ya'll or 21?
    the age to drink beer and wine should be lowered to 16, hard alcohol to 18, and 18 should be the age where one is legal to drive.

I am sorry for your personal experiences from other people's drug problems, but you are being naiive. I've lost friends to drugs as well, but these were people that were going to get lost anyway as the same story has unfolded in people i knew that took nothing illegal.

Pharamceuticals are abused, taken correctly can kill people, and can even be derived from the same monitored chemicals as what make up street drugs, yet you blindly accept them. Kids drink bottles of cough syrup to get a weird buzz, and that is available off the shelf. Thankfully for them, robitussin is not made in a bathtub. These are all chemicals that modify the body, some even deliberately alter the mind, but they are legal. As I took adderall in my teen and college years, i had regular blood tests taken to ensure that no damage was happening. And this was for a legal substance which was basically speed. I'll smoke a joint, i'll trip out on some lsd, but speed is not anything i need to have in my body knowing the prescribed effects of its legal form.

Wouldn't you rather users to have access to a safe and regulated product? Realizing that intravenous drug users sharing needles are potentially at risk for spreading hiv, communities have resorted to giving out free needles, resulting in either controlling or preventing an epidemic. Wouldnt you say that is pragmatic?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Semantic bullshit. I stand behind my previous statement.
    All arguments are eventually reduced to semantics. How do you define freedom?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ESFJ

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." - William Pitt
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    So since you find it annoying and disagree with it, it should be illegal, people should be locked up, hell must be paid... Gotcha
    He actually gave reasons to why he "disagrees" with though. Valid ones at that. If you escape or self-medicate your problems improperly, they'll only get worse. Are you implying their's solid ground to defend addiction?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    He actually gave reasons to why he "disagrees" with though. Valid ones at that. If you escape or self-medicate your problems improperly, they'll only get worse. Are you implying their's solid ground to defend addiction?

Not everyone who does hard drugs gets addicted, and sometimes it's good to self-medicate.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Not everyone who does hard drugs gets addicted.
    I realize this... Just like everyone who speeds doesn't crash or everyone who attempts suicide doesn't succeed... There is nothing redeeming to heavy drugs to suggest that there's any good reason to discard a ban on them.

and sometimes it's good to self-medicate
    Under which circumstances is self-medication preferable to legitimate, professional medication?