User Tag List

First 22303132333442 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Are those of you in favor of legalizing drugs also in favor of lowering the drinking age from 21 to 18?? Or would using drugs start at 18 for ya'll or 21?
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I'm sure you do, and I don't mean to reduce the emotional impact of those tragic situations.

But the fact is you're making a mistake by considering those cases as representative of a majority of drug users. The point is not "haha your loved ones are morons"; it's, "you have an exaggerated idea of the frequency of drug use ending in tragedy because you don't hear about the cases that don't ruin lives."
    I'm afraid we will simply agree to disagree on this one. I think it's very representative of the potential of drugs. I knew people that used drugs, then quit, and now they're fine. But I never forget what they COULD do to people. I never forget that I've seen it. Maybe you feel it harsh to project my experiences on others.. but, afterall, it is my life, and my experiences play a heavy part in rounding out who I am.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Are those of you in favor of legalizing drugs also in favor of lowering the drinking age from 21 to 18?? Or would using drugs start at 18 for ya'll or 21?
    The drinking age was only raised to 21 under pressure from insurance companies. Age restrictions for drug use could be determined the same way. Just look at the number of accidents and/or deaths resulting from drug-related accidents and go from there. There's nothing in the age(s) themselves that makes one or the other better. You can get a job, own a home, smoke, and donate your gametes at 18. If there is no statistical difference in the number of disasters caused by 18-year-old drug users and 21-year-old drug users, 18 it is.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ Oh, I am with you on if you're an adult you should be a TOTAL adult. If I'm not, then I shouldn't be considered and charged as one until I can have total rights.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

I'm afraid we will simply agree to disagree on this one. I think it's very representative of the potential of drugs. I knew people that used drugs, then quit, and now they're fine. But I never forget what they COULD do to people. I never forget that I've seen it. Maybe you feel it harsh to project my experiences on others.. but, afterall, it is my life, and my experiences play a heavy part in rounding out who I am.
    That Drain-o container under the sink COULD do some serious damage too, in the hands of the wrong person.

So could those knives in the drawer.

Or that gas can in the garage.

It's a good thing our government doesn't treat us like children by forcibly removing all potentially dangerous substances based on the fact that a certain minority can't handle them responsibly.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Last time I checked, I always had rules and regulations restricting me and stopping me from things that would be otherwise fun and harmless because one dumbass took it too far and ruined it for all of us.
    That is not how a free society is supposed to operate. We are talking about a government treating sovereign citizens as both children and hardened criminals based on what they like to eat, snort, smoke, etc. That is appalling.

I think there are more important freedoms than the freedom to shoot up...To me, alcohol is a privilage, not a right. Just like driving and many other things people think they have rights to. Privilages are easily taken away if abused.
    Driving is a privilege, but it's not taken away unless someone has shown themselves to be incapable of doing it properly. Drugs have been preemptively banned from everyone, no matter if they were responsible users or not. Your analogy is flawed. Besides, we are talking about what individual adults decide to put in their own bodies. You don't drive on the highway individually. There are millions of others. You do a line of coke individually, and, as long as you don't hurt someone else, that is your natural right.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTP

This is not a free society.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What? How does one thing have to do with the other? I'm sure there are people of each stance on both sides. I don't want to lower the drinking age but am in favor of decriminalizing drug use. To presume that people who want drugs legalized also want a lowered drinking age seems to me to be limited, oversimplified thinking.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Well that's odd, it sure as hell claims to be. Land of the free, home of the brave, no? America is all about freedom.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    It's supposed to be. Our Founding Fathers and our Constitution set it up that way.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"