User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

see, the problem is at this point, if you don't keep them illegal, what DO you do with them? Talk about Smoker's Dens..... try out a nice Cocain or Heroin den, that'll be a nice place for the teens to go! and do you know all of closet stoners that would come out of the woodwork to flaunt that STANKY ASS SKUNK weed all over the place? And how many people wouldn't "stone out" all day, everyday in an economic ressession if it weren't so "icky and taboo" ?

I'm a huge smoker, and probably the biggest one on this board, and let me tell you, I think there's PLENTY of good reasons to do nothing about the current drug laws. This country doesn't have the cooperative culture needed to foster a majority of individuals through something like "balanced and responsible drug use", we have a culture of division in the United States that prevents it. So we do the next best thing: We make that shit "illegal and bad", or in other words, "be discrete with your drug use, or else you're fucked" <---- this is the Moral of the Story about drug use in America. Don't fuck up and you can drug out for life, we only want the trouble cases out of the way. Think of it as a kind of a negative-aristocratic measure against people with no self-discipline.... mmm, love the sound that juicy axe of deliberate fat cutting makes.......

Again, I want to reiterate my drive through point here: i don't think drugs should be illegal, but it's like, what are you gonna do about them otherwise? Does America REALLY want the "Medicate and then Treat" policy the EU has taken?

I don't think so. This won't change.... but maybe i'll be wrong and the guvnah will show us all once again.....

hmmmm

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    Again, I want to reiterate the point here: i don't think drugs should be illegal, but it's like, what are you gonna do about them otherwise? Does America REALLY want the "Medicate and then Treat" policy the EU has taken?
    We already have that policy. Half of the country is on xanax, lorazepam, and various other prescription shit.

All this "War against Drugs" is just a bullshit song and dance for the social conservative constituency.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

How about a second question, which you can answer along with the first one, since nobody has so far.

Acknowledging that the enactment of the war on drugs has ultimately done more harm than good, what proposals do you have actually reducing the frequency of drug use in the USA?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    How about a second question, which you can answer along with the first one, since nobody has so far.

Acknowledging that the enactment of the war on drugs has ultimately done more harm than good, what proposals do you have actually reducing the frequency of drug use in the USA?
    Decriminalize drug use. Use the money that would otherwise be spent on DEA and prisons to treat drug addictions.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Decriminalize drug use. Use the money that would otherwise be spent on DEA and prisons to treat drug addictions.
    There it is. +1
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post

and once you're done answering that, answer this one:

What specific populations are going to be drasty affected by removing the Dam of Taboo of current drug laws, (read as: Federal decriminalization) , which holds back many from doing it? Choice or whatever you believe, people are able to be influenced and swayed - removing the barrier now might harm the very people you are trying to help.

Want a hint? One population in particular begins with a C and ends with an n. You figure it out!

If you're going to decriminalize WHATSOEVER, it needs to be done smartly.... smartl..... smartley? Yes, Smartley.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    As expensive as those things are, I don't they'd be as expensive as a nation wide, government provided drug management and treatment policy. Now, I don't have any figures here, so I could be proven wrong, but I have doubts.

Have you ever heard the expression "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"?. A strictly cure based policy, I suspect, would require you to sure up money from elsewhere.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

and once you're done answering that, answer this one:

What specific populations are going to be drasty affected by removing the Dam of Taboo of current drug laws, (read as: Federal decriminalization) , which holds back many from doing it? Choice or not, people are able to be influenced and swayed - removing the barrier now might harm the very people you are trying to help.

If you're going to decriminalize WHATSOEVER, it needs to be done smartly.... smartl..... smartley? Yes, Smartley.
    Good point. Problem with these laws are they are archaic. i think the reason that fed and local govt (rep and dem) doesn't get proactive in decriminalization is that they need the vote of the status quo and they make a pretty decent chunk of money from the system as it is. They couldn't afford a (gap) in their tax income due to money going to, you guessed it, special interest. A "gap" that would exist during a transition into decriminalization. I think we all know though that they stand to make killer bucks from the latter.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    INFP

see, the problem is at this point, if you don't keep them illegal, what DO you do with them? Talk about Smoker's Dens..... try out a nice Cocain or Heroin den, that'll be a nice place for the teens to go! and do you know all of closet stoners that would come out of the woodwork to flaunt that STANKY ASS SKUNK weed all over the place? And how many people wouldn't "stone out" all day, everyday in an economic ressession if it weren't so "icky and taboo" ?
    I don't see why it would be any different than the limits we already have with alcohol -- don't drink (or do drugs) if you're underage. Plenty of people feel similarly about your cigarette smoke as you feel about "stanky ass skunk weed." People can get drunk all day in an economic recession, if they want. What's the difference?
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ I agree with what you're saying.. but I think Alcohol is worse on the body than Marijuana. By those standards, we shouldn't have ANY drugs legal outside of perscription to prevent dumbasses.

My quote function isn't working To edit. I'm with the chick above here. Marijuana with alcohol standards wouldn't be much different imo. Like I said, drugs as a whole ought to be illegal for several good standing reasons. but I don't think pot is in the same category as some of those other ones.

If anything, I'd be happy if it were legal just so all the pot heads would stop crying for a moment. I was also told by someone that drugs are a progressive habit. Once you like something, you want to try something else that's new and exciting..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge