User Tag List

First 15232425262735 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Pretty likely. Have you seen Supersize Me? Look at what happened to that guy after just one month.

You try eating McDonald's as the primary part of your diet literally every day (which is what people with serious drug problems are doing with their drugs) and see how long you last.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ Pretty likely. Have you seen Supersize Me? Look at what happened to that guy after just one month.

You try eating McDonald's as the primary part of your diet literally every day (which is what people with serious drug problems are doing with their drugs) and see how long you last.

Another person ate nothing but the healthy items on the McDonald's menu for a month and lost weight. It's about making smart, informed decisions as adults. The drug warriors do not want that.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

You are arguing out of context. Mc Donalds does not fuck up your brain like drugs do.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Maybe not, but it fucks up your health all the same.

And in the interest of protecting people from the evils of their own decisions, I think we need to do something about this and ban McDonald's.

Or at least, all the unhealthy food on the McDonald's menu. No responsible adult would eat that shit and expect not to adversely affect his own health, so government should step in and ban it.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ISTx

Is McDonalds seriously being compared to Heroin in here?

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ^ Maybe not, but it fucks up your health all the same.

And in the interest of protecting people from the evils of their own decisions, I think we need to do something about this and ban McDonald's.

Or at least, all the unhealthy food on the McDonald's menu. No responsible adult would eat that shit and expect not to adversely affect his own health, so government should step in and ban it.
    McDonald's doesn't drastically alter your brain chemistry, yo. Stories of people brutally butchering their family members while suffering hallucinations under the influence of Methamphetamine and like drugs is not totally uncommon. The most I've wanted to do at McDonalds is punch Ronald McDonald for looking at me funny... and temptation to regurgitate that rank food. lol

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    McDonald's doesn't drastically alter your brain chemistry, yo. Stories of people brutally butchering their family members while suffering hallucinations under the influence of Methamphetamine and like drugs is not totally uncommon. The most I've wanted to do at McDonalds is punch Ronald McDonald for looking at me funny... and temptation to regurgitate that rank food. lol

Actually, that IS totally uncommon. How many times in American history has someone butchered a family simply because they were under the influence of methamphetamine? In the United States, the number of people who die of adverse reactions to prescription drugs is higher than the number of those who die due to illegal drugs EVERY YEAR. The number of people "butchered" by those in drug psychosis is so small that it's infinitesimal. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Seriously, stop posting until you get educated.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTx

So I used an extreme example but even you admitted it does happen... My ex girlfriend was suffering bad hallucinations and was close to killing her self during a bad trip a couple of years ago. Drugs aren't McDonald's... Heroin isn't a trinket you get in a happy meal. Why that comparison is even being made in here, I have no idea.

Imagine how that number of deaths due to adverse reactions to prescribed drugs would change if the drugs were free game, with no doctors to determine what drugs do/don't work for an individual, as well as which drugs would conflict? A non-regulated, free for all drug market is simply retarded.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

(Disclaimer: I haven't read all 248 posts in the thread previous to this one; I'm just responding to the last few posts and especially Beat's)

There pretty much already is a non-regulated free-for-all drug market. It's just illegal. I don't think decriminalization/legalization would result in hoards more people becoming addicted or dependent on hard drugs. IMO, most people who would do drugs already do them.

Before I worked with the Census, I had no idea how common things like meth labs and pot growers were in my own backyard. (Not literally my own backyard, don't go turning me in, guys!)
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ISTx

Decriminalization only works on the grounds that the government were to get involved in being a supplier. Is it really plausible to believe that America would be ok with a pharmacutical company opening it's doors to basically anyone that has a driver's license? I know we're running in circles here, but it seems like there's only opposition to my stance. Am I seriously the only one?