User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Statistics are not bullshit. Statistics help to let us know whether something is working or not. The Drug War is not working, and that is obvious to anyone who bothers to look into it at all. It's funny that you resort to calling my preponderance of evidence bullshit, since you've been consistently shot down. Drugs being legal/decriminalized would be bad? Oops, a European country tried it and it was a rousing success. Old-school 18th Century mentality that says no whining about rights? Oops, the guys who founded the country did just that, in the 18th Century. Washington and Jefferson would support cracking down on drug dealers? Oops, they both grew hemp and Jefferson specifically stated that the government shouldn't regulate foods and medicines.

And here is the thing you don't get: it's not wrong to do drugs. It's wrong to steal to support your drug habit. It's wrong to neglect your kids so you can get a fix. It's wrong to shoot little kids who happen to walk between you and a rival drug dealer. But it's not wrong to get high. It's also wrong for the government to jail harmless potheads and poor addicts, and to shoot old ladies and ministers because they got the wrong address for their paramilitary drug bust. Your rhetoric skills are almost as lacking as the evidence to support your argument. You just got trounced.
    Did you make a bong out of my eyeballs yet?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    No. Just me not wanting to get shot and you thinking about shooting me. Thing is, fucking nobody wants to get shot and everybody agrees that murderers should be removed from society. If you shoot me, who is to say you did a morally wrong act? Morality is something to hide behind when you don't want something like that to happen to you. Killing someone is not morally wrong. Normal people have no desire to kill others, and are highly threatened by those who do. Not a question of right and wrong.
    This is where we have to part ways.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post

You're not even trying to make sense anymore. This is too easy.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

Your arguments amount to the following:
    -We are whiny potheads. Although neither of us smoke on a regular basis. And I can't vouch for mercury, but I work hard and pay my dues.
    -Doing drugs is morally wrong. Something you can never prove.

Am I missing anything?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    You're not even trying to make sense anymore. This is too easy.
    Sorry, I was making some hemp soap and blogging about the unfairness of the Drug War and the death squads raiding houses and killing pot smoking grandmothers to keep people from enjoying the same good natural herbs the Founding Fathers smoked when they were creating our nation's founding documents. Tomorrow we're making hemp gasoline and driving the hemp van to a Phish concert where we're going to totally speak truth to power.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Sorry, I was making some hemp soap and blogging about the unfairness of the Drug War and the death squads raiding houses and killing pot smoking grandmothers to keep people from enjoying the same good natural herbs the Founding Fathers smoked when they were creating our nation's founding documents. Tomorrow we're making hemp gasoline and driving the hemp van to a Phish concert where we're going to totally speak truth to power.

Now you just sound like a retard. Are you SURE you aren't smoking something? I mean, I know it's hard to have your own stupid words turned on you, but at least try to get it straight.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    Your arguments amount to the following:
    -We are whiny potheads. Although neither of us smoke on a regular basis. And I can't vouch for mercury, but I work hard and pay my dues.
    -Doing drugs is morally wrong. Something you can never prove.

Am I missing anything?
    You also can't prove that doing drugs is morally right. Or, even a good thing. So, it appears we are at an impasse. Good luck!

MBTI
    INTP

This is where we have to part ways.
    If I killed someone, I would feel horrible guilt and expect punishment. Why do I have to tack on the fact that it is "immoral?" What the hell is it but a label for our actions that classify them as desirable or undesirable? Obviously there is no objective judge of it that we can all agree upon.

MBTI
    ESFJ

You also can't prove that doing drugs is morally right. Or, even a good thing. So, it appears we are at an impasse. Good luck!

You don't have to prove that something is morally "right" or permissible to claim that it shouldn't be illegal. Nor do you have to prove something is morally "wrong" for it to be illegal. Making an illegal right turn on red with no around is against the law. Is it morally wrong if you are trying to get to the bank before it closes because you need to deposit a check so you can pay your rent? No, of course not. Your whole premise is invalid.

MBTI
    INTP

So? I'm not trying to prove the morality of it or that it's a good thing. I'm trying to appeal to reason--the laws not only don't work, but cause violence, crappy product, and a restriction of freedom. People ignore those facts, and for what? I'm trying to prove to them that there is no reason to fear decriminalization.