User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    The "it feels so good how can it possibly be bad" kind of touch.
    The game is afoot.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    The game gay is afoot.
    Fixed.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    OK, fine. Here are hard statistics:

Bureau of Justice Statistics - Table on estimated number of arrests, by type of drug law violation

Looks to me as if arrests for possession of controlled substances outnumber arrests for sales/manufacture by more than 4 to 1. I had a glass of wine earlier, though. Maybe I can't read now.
    What's your point? The cops are pulling their guns on the kid who they find a joint on?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Fixed. Give me your big raging manwich, Big Daddy Synarch.
    Fixed.

MBTI
    ESFJ

What's your point? The cops are pulling their guns on the kid who they find a joint on?
    The point is that cops are busting people for simple possession, and, yes, they get guns pulled on them a lot of the time. You are completely and totally misinformed on this topic, and you should probably stop arguing it. There is no data to back up your viewpoint.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    The point is that cops are busting people for simple possession, and, yes, they get guns pulled on them a lot of the time. You are completely and totally misinformed on this topic, and you should probably stop arguing it. There is no data to back up your viewpoint.
    That's never stopped me before. If you want to stop arguing with me, leave. Everyone knows that statistics are bullshit. That's why drug companies, politicians, and potheads love the ever loving shit out of statistics. Your support of data is a way to avoid questions of right and wrong. You can't argue right and wrong so you go to Portugal and grab some bullshit. At least I don't try to back up my bullshit with anything other than rhetoric. And, since I am correct, my rhetoric will always be inherently superior to your own. Data or not. People do not make decisions based on data. And, they never will. Otherwise, they would never use drugs.

MBTI
    INTP

That's never stopped me before. If you want to stop arguing with me, leave. Everyone knows that statistics are bullshit. That's why drug companies, politicians, and potheads love the ever loving shit out of statistics. Your support of data is a way to avoid questions of right and wrong. You can't argue right and wrong so you go to Portugal and grab some bullshit. At least I don't try to back up my bullshit with anything other than rhetoric. And, since I am correct, my rhetoric will always be inherently superior to your own. Data or not. People do not make decisions based on data. And, they never will. Otherwise, they would never use drugs.
    Your morality is bullshit too, then. There is no right or wrong. It is all opinion. You say I don't have the right to do drugs, I say you don't have the right to make your random laws that support your opinion which you call "morality." Morality has nothing to do with this.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    Your morality is bullshit too, then. There is no right or wrong. It is all opinion. You say I don't have the right to do drugs, I say you don't have the right to make your random laws that support your opinion which you call "morality." Morality has nothing to do with this.
    If I put a gun to your head and pull the trigger, is that right or wrong? Clearly, right or wrong exists. Yes?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Statistics are not bullshit. Statistics help to let us know whether something is working or not. The Drug War is not working, and that is obvious to anyone who bothers to look into it at all. It's funny that you resort to calling my preponderance of evidence bullshit, since you've been consistently shot down. Drugs being legal/decriminalized would be bad? Oops, a European country tried it and it was a rousing success. Old-school 18th Century mentality that says no whining about rights? Oops, the guys who founded the country did just that, in the 18th Century. Washington and Jefferson would support cracking down on drug dealers? Oops, they both grew hemp and Jefferson specifically stated that the government shouldn't regulate foods and medicines.

And here is the thing you don't get: it's not wrong to do drugs. It's wrong to steal to support your drug habit. It's wrong to neglect your kids so you can get a fix. It's wrong to shoot little kids who happen to walk between you and a rival drug dealer. But it's not wrong to get high. It's also wrong for the government to jail harmless potheads and poor addicts, and to shoot old ladies and ministers because they got the wrong address for their paramilitary drug bust. Your rhetoric skills are almost as lacking as the evidence to support your argument. You just got trounced.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP

If I put a gun to your head and pull the trigger, is that right or wrong? Clearly, right or wrong exists. Yes?
    No. Just me not wanting to get shot and you thinking about shooting me. Thing is, fucking nobody wants to get shot and everybody agrees that murderers should be removed from society. If you shoot me, who is to say you did a morally wrong act? Morality is something to hide behind when you don't want something like that to happen to you. Killing someone is not morally wrong. Normal people have no desire to kill others, and are highly threatened by those who do. Not a question of right and wrong.